Do you know what InboxAce Toolbar is?
InboxAce Toolbar is a browser extension that allows you to connect to your email account on a variety of different domains, including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, hotmail and so on. When you connect to your email account via this toolbar, you receive all the notifications automatically on your browser. It may definitely seem that InboxAce Toolbar is a useful browser plugin, but it may also be related to possible security threats, so computer security experts recommend removing InboxAce Toolbar from your systems.
It should to be noted, however, that InboxAce Toolbar is not a computer virus. It is definitely a browser extension, similar to MindDabble Toolbar and MyFunCards Search. After all, instant access to your email account is something that anyone could find useful. Nevertheless, upon the installation InboxAce Toolbar carries out certain browser modifications that makes it seem like a browser hijacker. The problem is users often allow these changes to be performed without even realizing.
InboxAce Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Naturally, putting your computer in danger is not on InboxAce Toolbar’s to-do list. However, it may become a mediator in malware distribution and in the long run, you could experience serious consequences. Thus, it is in your best interest to remove InboxAce Toolbar from your PC right now. Follow the instructions below for manual browser plugin removal.
How to remove InboxAce Toolbar from PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove InboxAce Internet Explorer Toolbar & InboxAce Firefox Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove InboxAce Internet Explorer Toolbar & InboxAce Firefox Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall InboxAce Internet Explorer Toolbar & InboxAce Firefox Toolbar.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Enter a new home page address under General tab and press OK.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove My Web Search or Ask Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Enter a new home page address under General tab and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Click Manage search engines and remove Ask Web Search (or My Web Search) from the list.
- Click OK and restart your browser for the changes to take effect.
Manual removal may not be enough to terminate all the potentially unwanted programs, so you should run a full PC scan with SpyHunter free scanner. Do not hesitate to invest in a legitimate computer security tool in order to protect your system from dangerous cyber threats.
In non-techie terms: InboxAce Toolbar is a browser plugin that allows you to stay connected to your email accounts on various domains all of the time. However, this plugin comes with a number of possible security risks that cannot be overlooked so it is for the best to remove InboxAce Toolbar for good.