Do you know what IMinentSmile Toolbar is?
IMinentSmile Toolbar is a browser extension that allows you to add emoticons to almost every single message you send online. This toolbar is compatible with all main browsers (including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). It is available at iminent.com although users can easily download it from third party websites bundled with other freeware. That is the main reason why some of the users claim that IMinentSmile Toolbar has been installed without their permission. If you do not want to have this toolbar on your browser, you can obviously remove IMinentSmile Toolbar from your browser via Control Panel utility.
However, it is important to realize that IMinentSmile Toolbar does not enter your system surreptitiously - the toolbar prompts users about the oncoming installation, and you can choose between Express (recommended) and Custom (advanced) installation. The Express installation is recommended, because it is more useful for the toolbar - this way you install the toolbar and set it as your main search provider. If you type a search term into IMinentSmile Toolbar's search box, you will search results from a customized Yahoo! search engine. The search engine address is presented as start.iminent.com.
IMinentSmile Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Just as it has been mentioned above, the official function of IMinentSmile Toolbar is to help you add "thousands of emoticons" to your emails, Messenger messages, and even web browser, thus enabling you to use emoticons for forums and social networks. The question is, though, whether you really need IMinentSmile Toolbar on your browser, because the toolbar is not very useful, and it also comes with commercial advertisements that might be annoying and even dangerous. It is possible for a third party to exploit IMinentSmile Toolbar in order to display links to corrupted websites. Therefore, it is highly recommended to remove IMinentSmile Toolbar from your PC if you do not find the extension useful.
Usually it is enough to remove IMinentSmile Toolbar from your Control Panel to restore your browser settings, but if the plugin is still there, follow the instructions below to remove it for good.
Uninstall IMinentSmile Toolbar from Windows
Instructions for Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of your screen.
- When Charms bar shows up, click Settings.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Remove Iminent and Iminent Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
Instructions for Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program. Remove Iminent and Iminent Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Iminent and Iminent Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
How to delete IMinentSmile Toolbar from your browser
Instructions for Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Remove IMinent Toolbar and IMinent WebBooster (BHO).
Instructions for Mozilla Firefox
- Press Cltr+Shift+A. Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Click Extensions.
- Remove Iminent Minibar and IMinent Toolbar.
Instructions for Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Go to Extensions.
- Remove Iminent and Iminent Toolbar.
You should also perform a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner after manual removal, to make sure that your system is not infected with undesirable files and software.
In non-techie terms:
IMinentSmile Toolbar is a browser extension that should make your message more vivid with a range of emoticons, but the application can prove to be bothersome, and you are recommended to remove IMinentSmile Toolbar from your PC.
Aliases: IMinent Toolbar.