Do you know what Iminent Search is?
If you have downloaded IMinent Toolbar onto your computer it is possible that your home page has been changed to Iminent Search or simply search.iminent.com. Even though the search engine is not considered malicious, you may want to delete it simply because there are plenty of other choices. If you do not know how to remove Iminent Search from the operating Windows systems and Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer browsers, this report is for you.
The installation of IMinent Toolbar is not confusing and all of the additional features are presented very clearly. Despite this, many Windows users become surprised when they open their browsers and find out that the home page has been changed to Iminent SearchTheWeb. Have you noticed this on your own operating system? Then you might have missed these selectable choices upon the installation:
- Make Iminent SearchTheWeb your home page by default in IE, FF and Chrome.
- Make and keep Iminent SearchTheWeb default search engine in IE, FF and Chrome and notify me of changes,
- Iminent Toolbar: Yes! I want to install Iminent Toolbar and benefit from awesome features: free smileys, animations & games.
The Iminent Search is linked to the services of YouTube, Facebook, Hotmail and Gmail, and is powered through a cookie which collects such information as usernames and passwords of your virtual accounts. Many browser add-ons use tracking cookies to enhance your browsing experiences; however, many cyber criminals target this data to perform malignant scams. If you want to guarantee the security of your virtual identity, you should share you data only with those programs which you absolutely need to use.
Manual Iminent Search removal instructions are provided below, and if you follow them carefully your browser will be back to normal soon enough. Note that if you PC is running in a disorderly manner, you can use our free spyware scanner to inspect the system and check if there aren’t any malignant files that await removal.
How to remove Iminent Search from Windows?
- Tap the Windows key to open the Metro UI and right-click on the background.
- Click on All apps and select Control Panel under Windows System.
- Now click on Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the program you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Navigate to the left side of the Task Bar and click on Start.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the item you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the program you wish to uninstall and click the Remove button below.
How to remove Iminent Search from web browsers?
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F for the menu to show up.
- Scroll down to Tools, click on it and then select Extensions.
- Select the unwanted add-on, click on the trash icon next to it and click Remove.
- Move to the menu on the left and click on Settings.
- Click on Set pages which is located under On Startup.
- Click “x” placed next to Iminent and Add a new page. Click OK.
- Now click on Manage search engines located under Search.
- Click on the preferred search engine and select Make Default or add a new one manually.
- Move to the unwanted item and click “x” placed on the right. Click OK.
- Open the browser and simultaneously press keys Alt+T to view the Tools menu.
- Click on Manage Add-ons and select Toolbars and Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Click on the item you wish to remove and select the Disable button provided below.
- Go back to the Tools menu and click on Internet Options.
- Under the General tab locate Home Page and enter your preference. Click OK.
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+H. This will open the Help menu.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information and move to the new tab.
- Locate the Reset Firefox button on the right hand-side and click on it.
- In the opened window click Reset again and then click Finish.
In non-techie terms:
Iminent Search is a legitimate search engine which is usually downloaded with the IMinent Toolbar and can be applied on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. In case you want to delete this browser extension, there are a few steps you need to perform and they are presented in the manual removal guides above.
Alises: Iminent toolbar.
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
Iminent Search Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: