Do you know what iMesh Toolbar is?
Imesh Toolbar is a browser add-on which can be downloaded alongside iMesh Software or other free programs. Do not get surprised when you find that your home page and the search engine is change to some unfamiliar domain as it is likely that you have approved the changes.
For example, we have downloaded iMesh program, which is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that enables you to quickly access a particular song and download it, and found out that this program has two programs attached to its installer. The first application which was presented in the installation wizard was Search-Result Toolbar, while the second one, which we could also opt out, was Torch browser which uses Google Chrome’s engine. Moreover, after installing the browser that was offered, its add-on was installed on Google Chrome.
iMesh Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you do now want to have a different home page that contains the buttons directing you to Facebook, a free game websites called fantasticgames.com, or to other locations, you should remove Search-Result toolbar and restore the settings of your browsers.
Note that if you use search.imesh.net, which becomes your new home page, you will come up with commercial and sponsored websites and various ads which are presented to match your search inquiry. Moreover, we observed that when using Google Chrome, you may be redirected to Ask.com. In order to restore the previous settings so that you can browse the Internet, you should remove all the unwanted applications.
As for iMesh program, keep in mind that the risk of getting your computer infected increases whenever you start downloading a new item. Hence if you want to use the computer and browse the Internet safely, delete the program that may lead to computer infection.
In order to remove iMesh Toolbar, as well as the affiliated applications, including browser plug-ins, you should follow our step-by-step removal instructions. If you have any questions as to how to access some section of your browser, feel free to comment below.
How to remove iMesh toolbar
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted application and press the Remove button.
- Go to the Start menu - > Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Program or Programs and Features.
- Double-click on Imesh and follow the uninstall wizard.
- Hover the mouse over the bottom left corner of the screen until a minimized version of the desktop or Metro UI appears and right-click.
- Select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted application and select Uninstall.
Restore the settings of your browsers
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Alt key and then press T.
- In the drop down menu, select Manage Add-on and click on Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable the unwanted add-on.
- Click on Search Providers and make sure that Search Result search engine is disabled.
- Again press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Under the General Tab, change the home page and press Apply.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold Ctrl, then press and hold down the Shift key and press A.
- Click on Extensions and remove the unwanted add-on.
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Options.
- Click on General.
- Change the home page and press OK.
- Go back to the browser, and open the drop down menu in the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and set a new one. Press OK to save.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold the Alt key and then press F.
- Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove iMesh New Tabs or any other add-on related to Imesh.
- Click on Settings on the left side of the browser.
- In the On startup, select the third option and click on Set pages.
- Remove search.imesh.net and add your new startup page.
- In the Appearance section, see if the Show Home button box is checked. If so, click on Change to replace search.imesh.net with the website you like.
- In the Search section, click on Manage search engines, and change the search engine.
Keep in mind that you should also scan the PC for malware that might have been downloaded to the PC while you were using the modified browser. Hence, download our spyware removal tool and make sure that the system contains no computer threats.
In non-techie terms:
IMesh Toolbar is a browser add-on which can alter your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The home page is changed to search.imesh.net which provides you with sponsored websites whose content may be irrelevant to your interests.