Do you know what Hyves Toolbar is?
Hyves Toolbar is a browser extension which works on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The toolbar is quite old, and the analysis of the application has shown that the installers of the toolbar for different browser can be acquired from hyves.ourtoolbar.com/ie, hyves.ourtoolbar.com/cre, and hyves.ourtoolbar.com/xpi. The Hyves Toolbar is based on the Conduit platform, which is widely used by software developers to promote their products and websites. Once you launch the installer, you find that the application is aimed at non-English speaking computer users. The Hyves Toolbar promotes the Dutch website hyvesgame.nl, which has an equivalent for English speaking computer users, hyvesgames.com.
The installer of the Hyves Toolbar suggests the computer user change the settings of the browsers. More specifically, the user is asked to change the home and the search provider to Conduit. Usually, Conduit toolbars easily alters the settings of the browsers; however, in the present case, only the default search provider is changes. When using the search engine, the user is provided with Conduit search results and a chance to check his/her search term in TheFreeDctionary. The Conduit search engine is known to generate various third party advertisements and provide the user with sponsored links on the search engine results page. We recommend that you deal with those advertisements very carefully because Conduit does not take responsibility for the content of the websites advertised.
Hyves Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Unlike conventional Conduit toolbars, the Hyves Toolbar does not add a lot of functionally. It contains a search box and several options, listed in drop down menus that appear when you click the H button and the Zoeken button.
There is another Conduit toolbar related to the website hyvesgames.nl. This application changes the home page and the default search provider of the browsers. Moreover, it enables computer users to access softonic.com and some other websites.
We recommend that you remove the toolbars associated with hyvesgame.nl and provide the system with protection against malware and spyware programs.
If you have the Hyves Toolbar on your browsers, remove it right now even though it is an old browser extension. There are many other browser extensions that can dramatically change the settings of the browsers and prevent you from implementing new changes. You should shield the system from undesirable programs, and the sooner you do it, the better.
Below you will find our instructions on how to remove the Hyves programs from the system and fix the browsers, but bear in mind that the removal guide may be insufficient. Some of the files associated with the application may remain within the system; hence, instead of wasting your time, you should rely on a powerful spyware removal tool. We suggest using SpyHunter because this application can eliminate the unwanted Conduit toolbar and safeguard the system against various computer threats.
How to remove the Hyves Toolbar
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Remove the unwanted application.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall the unwanted application.
How to fix your browsers
- Press Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers and set a new default search engine.
- Close the window and press Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options.
- Open the General tab and change the home page.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Remove suspicious extensions.
- Close the tab and press Alt+T.
- Click Options and change the home page on the General tab.
- Click the search engine icon next to the search box of the browser and select a new search provider.
- Press Alt+F.
- Point to Tools and click Extensions.
- Remove unwanted browser extensions.
- Click Settings on the left side of the browser window.
- In the On startup section, select the last option and click Set pages.
- Set a new startup page.
- In the Search section, click Manage search provider and set a new default search provider.
In non-techie terms:
If you are determined to remove the Hyves Toolbar manually, do not forget to scan the computer once you finish the removal of the browser extension.