Do you know what Hot-finder.com is?
Your browsers may be corrupted by the clandestine Hot-finder.com hijacker if you trust suspicious third party installers, download questionable toolbars (e.g., Certified Toolbar) and open up other security backdoors. The devious infection can corrupt your browsers and change the default search tools without your permission. What is more, most computer users have no idea how to delete Hot-finder.com because this threat is not easily affected by manual removal. You may think you succeed at changing the unwanted search tools just to realize that they regenerate without any warning. This activity is extremely disturbing, and you should not ignore it.Hot-finder.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Do you want to browse the web without facing potentially unreliable banner ads and without suspicious tracking cookies spying on you? Then you need to remove Hot-finder.com hijacker. As mentioned before, the removal of this infection is not an easy task because it might regenerate. We advise installing an automatic malware remover to have undesirable infections deleted from the system. Afterwards, all you will need to do is remove the undesirable search tools. Make sure you follow the instructions below with care.
Delete the undesirable search tools
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Right-click the Chrome browser shortcut and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, go to Target, remove text after chrome.exe” and click OK.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Now change/remove the URL of the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button, click Change and repeat step 5.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and set a new default option.
- Click X on the URL you wish to remove and then select Done.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Right-click the Firefox browser shortcut and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, go to Target, remove text after firefox.exe” and click OK.
- Launch the browser and click the search provider icon placed on the left of the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable option. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu at the top and select Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the provided Home Page URL and click OK.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Right-click the Internet Explorer browser shortcut and select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, go to Target, remove text after iexplore.exe” and click OK.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers, then Remove the unwanted search provider and click Close.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the URL under Home Page and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Hot-finder.com is a browser hijacker which can take over the installed browsers and replace existing search tools. Hot-finder.com removal is strongly recommended because instead of presenting beneficial services this search provider can spy on you and, in general, put your virtual security at risk. You can use the manual removal guides to delete the infection; however, you also should acquire automatic malware removal software. You can use the instructions below in case your operating system is running disorderly, which is a sign of other existing threats, and if you are having any other issues.