Do you know what HomeworkSimplified Toolbar is?
Are you trying to get your homework done fast? If you are, the solution provided by HomeworkSimplified Toolbar might seem very attractive. Even though this program does not promise to do homework for you, it provides you with easy access links to sites that are associated with Math, History, and other academic websites. Besides this, the toolbar also provides you with organizational tools that should help you plan your time better. According to our research, these links are authentic, but you have to be careful about them nonetheless. Is this why we recommend removing HomeworkSimplified Toolbar? As a matter of fact no, but if you want to learn why deleting this program might be a good idea, you should continue reading.HomeworkSimplified Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Mindspark Interactive Network is the creator of the suspicious HomeworkSimplified Toolbar, and we have met this company way too many times in the past. Although this toolbar does not have identical clones, the same template was used for the development of FunPopularGames Toolbar, MyImageConverter Toolbar, and hundreds of other toolbars that look very similar. In some cases, HomeworkSimplified Toolbar could come bundled with other toolbars from the same family. Luckily, if you learn how to delete one of these toolbars, you will be a pro at removing all of them. Homeworksimplified.com represents the toolbar we are discussing in our report, and it provides a working installer for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and even Mozilla Firefox browsers. Fortunately, you will not need to delete HomeworkSimplified Toolbar from all browsers, unless you actually install it onto all of them yourself.
Although HomeworkSimplified Toolbar is not a malicious program, there are a few things that lead computer users to deleting it from their operating systems. First of all, this program can track and collect information about your virtual activity. Secondly, it can expose you to advertisements – in the form of sponsored links – using a supposedly reliable search provider. Even if you do not install the promoted Ask Search tool when installing HomeworkSimplified Toolbar, it will be represented via the toolbar itself. Although this search tool is associated with Ask.com, its search results might be adjusted to help Mindspark promote third-party links. These are the reasons for removing HomeworkSimplified Toolbar from your operating system. If you decide to keep this toolbar, you should remove Ask Search. Also, if malicious programs were installed along with this toolbar, install a malware remover to eliminate them.
Delete from Windows
Delete from Windows XP
- Move to the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen and click Start.
- Select Control Panel and move to Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the undesirable program and click Remove.
Delete from Widows Vista/Windows 7
- Click the Windows/Start icon on the Taskbar.
- Open the Control Panel menu and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you wish to remove and choose Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Launch RUN (Win+R), type Control Panel into the dialog box, and click OK.
- Select Uninstall a Program (found under Programs).
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove from browsers
Remove from Internet Explorer
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Click Manage Add-ons and move to Search Providers.
- Select a new search provider and click Set as default.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, edit/delete the Home Page URL, and click OK.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Options and navigate to the General menu.
- Edit/delete the Home Page URL.
- In the Search menu select the preferred search provider.
- Remove the undesirable search provider.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted add-on.
Remove from Google Chrome
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Click Settings and move to On Startup.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Edit/delete the URL of the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Go to Appearance and select Show Home button.
- Click Change and repeat step 4.
- Navigate to Search and click Manage search engines…
- Add/select the preferred search provider and select Make default.
- Click X on the search provider you want to delete and click Done.
- Tap Alt+F, select More tools, and choose Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
In non-techie terms:
HomeworkSimplified Toolbar is a browser extension that provides links to academic sites that should help you do your homework or educate yourself. If this program is not useful to you, and you do not want to use a search provider that might show sponsored links instead of useful results, we suggest removing HomeworkSimplified Toolbar and the Ask Search associated with it. Considering that this program can be spread by malicious installers, it is also crucial that you scan your PC to see if you need to remove other suspicious programs. If you implement a legitimate security tool/malware remover, your operating system will also gain the protection it needs, which is why automatic removal is what we recommend.