Do you know what Homeland Security Virus is?
If the desktop of your computer is locked with an alert supposedly sent by the Department of Homeland Security, there is no doubt that Homeland Security Virus has attacked your Windows system. The malign program is composed of various components which are programmed to remove access to the Task Manager and block access to the entire computer. Unfortunately, these files run alongside a Trojan which may aggravate manual Homeland Security Virus removal. Despite this, you should delete the infection from your computer as soon as possible, simply because it could expose your virtual identity to various security risks. Continue reading to find out how to delete the threat from your own PC.Homeland Security Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
As mentioned, the malicious infection blocks access to your personal computer. The objective of this action is to trick you into giving up your personal savings. For this reason, schemers act under the false pretense of Homeland Security and cyber crimes allegedly performed from your PC. The accusations are presented through a screen-size notification which will appear on the desktop every time you turn on the computer. Here are a few excerpts:
This computer has been blocked.
The work of your computer has been suspended on the grounds of the violation of the law of the United States of America. […]To unlock the computer you are obliged to pay a fine of $300. You must pay the fine through MoneyPak. […] After paying the fine your computer will be unblocked. (In the case of second violation you will become the subject of criminal prosecution without the right to pay the fee)
As research shows, the accusations are similar to the ones found alongside The ICE Cyber Crime Center Virus and FBI Cybercrime Division Virus, both of which target Windows users living in the US just like Homeland Security Virus. Note that you should pay no attention to the fictitious alert because it was created by cyber crooks. Needless to say, you should pay no attention to the demanded fine payment as well. Instead of wasting your money you should invest it in a reliable spyware removal and Windows security protection tool SpyHunter. Follow the removal instructions below to install the application onto your locked computer.
Delete Homeland Security Virus
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI screen.
- Launch a browser and visit http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph .
- Install the automatic malware removal tool SpyHunter and let it delete running infections.
- Restart the PC.
- Press the power button to restart the locked computer.
- As soon as BIOS loads up start tapping F8.
- Use arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking. Tap Enter.
- Download and install the automatic spyware detection and removal tool SpyHunter.
- Repeat steps 1-3 from the removal instructions appointed to Windows Vista/7 users.
- Click YES on the Desktop alert.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open the Start menu, launch RUN, type msconfig and click OK.
- Click on the Startup tab, select Disable All and click OK.
- Restart the computer and install the tool to delete Homeland Security Virus.
In non-techie terms:
If you do not delete Homeland Security Virus, a malicious ransomware which has been developed to trick you into paying fictitious fines, your PC will remain locked. You should remove the infection using the help of automatic spyware removal software, especially if you have never deleted Trojans and ransomware manually. Please post a comment if you have more questions regarding the removal.
Aliases: Department of Homeland Security.