Do you know what HDVidCodec is?
HDVidCodec is a well known video codec which has been noted to be presented through pop-up offers. These offers may differ because there are various different versions which belong to the faction of the undesirable video codecs. Some of these include HDvid Codec V1, HDvid Codec V6.0, HDvid codec pack, HDvid Web Plugin and HDvid Plugin. Our researchers have discovered that these applications can be published by Maynemy, CoolMirage Ltd, Crossrider and other well-known companies. It is recommended that you delete HDVidCodec and other questionable video codecs from the operating Windows system and web browsers, the main reason being that video codecs are known to open up security backdoors and enable the infiltration of other undesirable, malicious software.
Have you discovered a suspicious pop-up offering you to download a video enhancement program which offers a variety of different services? If you have used this offer – have you discovered various unwanted programs installed on your personal computer? SweetIM search tools have been noted to be offered to those downloading HDVidCodec from hdvidcodec.com/download.php. Needless to say, if you choose other sources, like hd-plugin.com, you could be offered completely different tools. We recommend that you install the offered additions with great precaution, especially if you are not familiar with them. In fact, even if you think you recognize this software, it is possible that it is fictitious. The best way to learn more about these programs is by researching them beforehand.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you wish to remove HDVidCodec and other aforementioned video codecs, you can follow the manual removal instructions below. These guides will help you delete undesirable computer software, as well as the unreliable IE, Firefox and Google plugins. Needless to say, manual removal will not help you delete hidden malware or help you protect the PC against attacking infections. Therefore, we recommend that you install authentic malware detection and removal software afterwards. Click the download button below to acquire a legitimate security tool which will help you delete any undesirable programs.
Remove undesirable PC programs
Remove from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI menu and right-click.
- Select All apps, open the Control Panel and then go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to delete and click Uninstall.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Navigate to the Task Bar and open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Locate the undesirable program, right-click and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the undesirable application and Remove it.
Delete undesirable browser add-ons
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Find the undesirable plugin and select Disable. Click Close.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Move to Tools, click Extensions and find the undesirable plugin.
- Click the recycle bin icon and select Remove.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- In the Add-ons Manager click Extensions.
- Find the undesirable add-on and click Remove/Disable.
In non-techie terms:
It is recommended that you have HDVidCodec removed if the program was installed onto the PC without your knowledge and consent. You should also delete any undesirable, unfamiliar and worthless applications which may have come bundled with the codec. Since some of these could be hidden, you should utilize automatic malware detection and removal software to ensure that all PUPs and adware are deleted for good. Using legitimate tools will also help you ensure that your PC is guarded against potentially unwanted and dangerous programs in the future.
Aliases: HD VidCodec.