Do you know what hao123.com is?
Hao123 search is a search engine which is developed by Baibu Online Network Technologies. It is promoted via bundled downloads, and if you install a free application without paying attention to its installer, one day you may come up with the search engine in question.
Hao123 search is available in 9 languages and is powered by Google search. The distinguishable characteristic of this search engine is that it contains various links which are presented in a form of a button. You do not need to type the address of Facebook, Twitter or any other well-known websites as a great number of the most popular websites are presented below the search box. They include Yahoo, CNN, PayPal, Apple, Google, and so on. Hao123.com also contains categories so that you can quickly access news, music or other websites.
Hao123 search screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Even thought the search engine seems to be reliable, we recommend that you remove it from the system along with the program or add-on which has changed the settings of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Additionally, you should keep in mind the search engine hao123.com is not related to the toolbar bearing the same name. The Community toolbar Hao123 search is published by Conduit Ltd, and it can be downloaded from hao123.ourtoolbar.com or any other source. In the case of the Conduit’s toolbar, the home page of your browser will be changed to search.conduit.com if you do not uncheck particular check boxes while running the installer of the toolbar or some other program.
If you have landed on this webpage because of the toolbar mentioned, do not worry as the instructions below will help you remove the unwanted application. However, in addition to the manual removal, you should always keep in mind that a PC has to be protected against malware attacks; otherwise the consequences may be more serious. If you do not have a reliable spyware removal tool that can remove hao123.com from your PC, you will find one by clicking on the downloaded button below, and keep in mind that an investment in the safe and reliable anti-spyware tool SpyHunter will result in safety while browsing the Internet. However, if the first thing you want to do is the manual removal of Hao123 search, follow our instructions provided.
Hao123 search removal
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program you want to remove and click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the application you want to remove.
- Hover the mouse over the lower left corner of the screen.
- Right-click when the minimized window showing Start Screen or your desktop pops up.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the unwanted program.
How to reset Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options.
- Under the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- Select the box given and click Reset.
- To finish, click the Close button.
- Press Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- In the new window, click Reset Firefox and then click Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on or toolbar.
- Click Settings.
- In the On startup section, click Set pages and change the startup page.
- In the Search section, click the Manage search engines button and change the search provider.
In non-techie terms:
After having completed the removal, do not forget to implement SpyHunter or its free scanner which you can download by clicking the button provided.