Do you know what Govome Search is?
Govome Search is a browser hijacker that looks like a customized search engine that can be displayed not only in English, but also in Japanese, Spanish, German, Polish and many other languages. Due to the fact that it looks like a legal webpage, users often fall victims to Govome Search. This browser hijacker forcefully changes your browser settings by modifying your home page and search engine to govome.com. Obviously, it is necessary to remove Govome Search from your computer right now, because it exposes you to other dangerous threats.
Govome Search screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If that weren't enough, Govome Search also admits to collecting your personal information for marketing purposes. It says that the information collected is used only to improve Big Journey services in order to provide you with the best search results, but if you were to perform an image search on Govome Search, you would see that you are actually redirected to Google search engine.
Not to mention that when you use Govome Search you are presented with rigged search results, some of which redirect you to commercial websites. Even though Govome Search does indicate that some of the search results are ads, it is still hard to discern them, and users are often tricked into clicking links that should not be click in the first place.
Protect yourself by removing Govome Search from your computer right now and restoring default browser settings. Prevent any possible damage by taking care of this problem immediately.
How to remove Govome Search
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Remove Govome.com from home page section at General tab.
- Enter a new home page domain and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Select a new default search engine and remove Govome Search from the list.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Click Firefox button and select Options.
- Delete govome.com from home page section under General tab.
- Enter a new home page address you prefer and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove Govome Search from the list.
- Click OK and restart the browser.
Delete Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a page or list of pages under On Start-up. Click Set pages.
- Remove Govome.com from home page list and enter a new address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Remove Govome Search, set a new default search engine and click Done.
After manual removal, perform a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner, because chances are there are more malicious files hiding in your system. Invest in a powerful antimalware tool and protect your PC from dangerous threats.
In non-techie terms:
Govome Search is a computer infection that redirects your searches and changes your default home page. It collects your system data and exposes you to other malicious infections, so you must remove Govome Search right now.