Do you know what Gnoosi.net is?
Gnoosi.net is considered to be a browser hijacker because it seems to corrupt your IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers after you install Gnoosi Toolbar. Do you have any idea where the suspicious application has come from? There is no doubt that cyber criminals may utilize various scams to trick you into installing browsers hijackers yourself. For example, malware could be attached to bundled downloads or it could be disguised as authentic software updates. Needless to say, if your operating Windows system is not supported by legitimate malware detection and removal software, schemers could drop spyware without much trouble. Nonetheless, browser hijackers act without your notice, and this particular search engine is only an optional addition to the aforementioned toolbar. Nonetheless, if you wish to delete Gnoosi.net from the computer, you need to continue reading.
Right when the so-called browser hijacker is activated you are pushed into using the suspicious Gnoosi.net search engine which is completely unreliable. Whether you want to browse Web, Images, Videos or News you will not be able to find any useful or reliable information because the bigger section of the search results is dedicated to advertisements. Unfortunately, there is no way of telling what sites you could be routed to if you click on the presented links. In most cases, the advertisement-supported search results promote other sites, products and services. Regardless, there also is a possibility that these links may route you to websites which have been corrupted by cyber criminals. In this case any click could lead to the infiltration of malware, and this is not the route you want to take.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The removal of browser hijackers is something that should be performed quickly and carefully. Many PC users simply change the home page and the search provider settings, which are modified by the hijacker, in the hopes of getting rid of the undesirable program. Unfortunately, this is not the way to go about the removal of this suspicious application. We guarantee that only authentic Windows security tools will help you remove Gnoosi.net from the system and ensure Windows protection all at once. If you still wish to proceed manually – perform the manual removal steps presented below.
Remove the Toolbar
Remove from Windows 8:
- Use the Windows key to access the Metro UI start screen and right-click on the background.
- Select All apps, then click Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the toolbar you want to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows Vista & Windows 7:
- Move to the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Select Control Panel, move to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you wish to delete.
- Click Uninstall to get rid of the undesirable application.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Navigate to the left of the Task Bar and open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted application and click Remove.
Reconfigure browser settings
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Move to Search Providers and Remove the undesirable option. Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and overwrite/remove the displayed Home Page URL.
- Click OK and restart the browser.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings and move to On Startup.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change/remove the displayed URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance.
- Mark Show Home button, click Change and repeat step 4.
- Move to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove (X) the undesirable search provider, click Done and restart Chrome.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox and allow the browser to restart.
- Click Finish.
In non-techie terms:
If the home page and the search provider of your browsers have been changed to Gnoosi.net, you must have installed the suspicious Gnoosi Toolbar. You can remove all of the undesirable software using the manual removal instructions presented above. Needless to say, these steps are not enough if you also wish to ensure full-time Windows protection, in which case automatic malware detection and removal software should be installed.
Aliases: Gnoosi Toolbar.