Do you know what Gadgetbox is?
If you want your personal Windows system running securely, we suggest you consider Gadgetbox removal. This plugin is available for the users of popular web browsers, and it can be downloaded from gboxapp.com. Even though the application is not malicious, some computer users claim that it can change browser settings without your consent. Of course, it is most likely that you are informed about the initiated home page and default search provider settings during the installation of the program. Without a doubt, in some cases the developers of browser plugins present the information in small text or some smart words to confuse the user. Therefore, if you want to stay in control over the software you install on the PC – familiarize yourself with all of the provided information. This article explains how you can delete Gadgetbox from the PC and web browsers.
we [the company] may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Without a doubt, this means that there are no guarantees regarding the security of these ads. For example, cyber crooks could utilize misleading ads to inject tracking cookies, drop malicious programs or hijack your browsers. All of this activity is highly irritating and dangerous, which is why you should employ authentic spyware detection and removal tools to guard your virtual security. We also recommend that you delete Gadgetbox. The removal tasks can be performed manually following these instructions.
Delete unwanted PC programs
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen and select All apps.
- Click Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- To delete an undesirable program right-click it and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the program you wish to remove.
- Select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Click Start, open Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove unwanted search provider/home page
- Launch IE and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Click Manage Add-ons and then from the menu on the left select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click the unwanted add-on and hit the Disable button.
- From the same menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Click the unwanted provider, hit the Remove button and then OK.
- Once more tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
- Launch Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Go to On Startup and select Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Change the provided URL and click OK.
- Navigate to Appearance, select Show Home button, hit Change, and repeat step 3.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove the undesirable provider by clicking the X mark and select OK.
- Scroll to the top, navigate to the menu on the left and select Settings.
- Click the recycle bin placed on the right of the unwanted extension and select Remove.
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button placed on the right.
- Confirm by clicking Reset again and then select Finish.
In non-techie terms:
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Gadgetbox is not a malicious program; however, getting it removed can clear disk space and eliminate chances of getting the operating Windows system attacked by malware. In case you wish to run the application despite the risks, you should install authentic spyware detection and removal software to ensure that the program cannot lead you to danger.
Aliases: Gadget box