Do you know what FunPopularGames Toolbar is?
Have you downloaded FunPopularGames Toolbar hoping that it will provide you with access to “popular action, hidden-object, puzzle, arcade” games? The information on funpopulargames.com suggests that this suspicious toolbar is extremely useful, but our research team does not agree with that. First of all, the links provided by this program can be accessed individually, and you do not need a program telling you which online gaming sites are “popular” or “favorite.” Of course, the biggest appeal of FunPopularGames Toolbar is that it provides easy-access to supposedly beneficial third-party sites. Unfortunately, this might be the most important reason to remove this toolbar from your operating system and browsers. If you need more information before you can initiate the removal of FunPopularGames, continue reading.FunPopularGames Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Mindspark Interactive Network is the developer of FunPopularGames Toolbar and it has created such programs as CrazyForCraft Toolbar, YourLocalLotto Toolbar, and FreeMaps Toolbar. As you can see, this company is focused on creating toolbars, and they all work in the same way. Although all of these programs provide links to different websites according to specific themes, they all have the same interfaces, and they all promote Ask Search. This search provider is what has earned FunPopularGames Toolbar a reputation of a browser hijacker. We can tell you straight away that this toolbar is not a browser hijacker, as the search tools are installed with your permission. Of course, you still need to delete FunPopularGames Toolbar, and we advise removing Ask Search as well. The name of this search provider might raise confidence, but, in reality, the search tool provided to you could have modified search results, and it is possible that Mindspark will use it to showcase sponsored links.
There is no doubt that you need to delete unreliable programs from your computer, and it is likely that FunPopularGames Toolbar is one of these unreliable programs. If you do not want the software on your PC to record your virtual behavior, expose you to potentially unreliable search results, and showcase links to unpredictable third-party sites, it best to remove FunPopularGames Toolbar. Although we do not classify this program as a serious threat, it could open backdoors to unpredictable sites. What is more, the services that this toolbar provides are not that spectacular, and they are unlikely to be worth the risks that you might encounter by keeping FunPopularGames Toolbar installed. Follow our removal guide to get rid of this toolbar along with Ask Search. If you installed this software bundled with third-party programs, you should consider using an automated malware remover to clean your operating system.
Delete FunPopularGames Toolbar and Ask Search
Delete from Windows XP
- Open the Start menu from the Taskbar and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted program and click the Remove button.
Delete from Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Open the Start menu (click the Windows logo on the Taskbar) and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you have chosen to remove and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Click the Search icon on Charm bar (in Metro UI).
- Enter Uninstall a program and launch it.
- Identify the app you want to remove, right-click it, and choose Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 10
- Type Change or remove a program into the search box on the Taskbar.
- Launch the menu and find the program you wish to remove.
- Right-click this program and choose Uninstall.
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Open IE and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and go to Search Providers.
- Set a new provider and Remove the unwanted provider. Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T once more and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab find the Home Page section.
- Edit/remove the provided URL and click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and tap Alt+T.
- Click Options and move to the General menu.
- Remove/edit the URL of the Home Page.
- Move to the Search menu.
- Remove the unwanted search provider.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A (Add-ons Manager).
- Select Extensions and Remove the unwanted add-on.
Delete from Google Chrome
- Open Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Click More tools and select Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin and choose Remove.
- In the menu on the left select Settings.
- Under On Startup select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and edit/remove the unwanted URL.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and edit/remove the unwanted URL.
- Under Search click Manage search engines…
- Click the X on the URL of the unwanted search tool and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
FunPopularGames Toolbar is considered to be an unreliable program because it showcases links to sites that could provide misleading content. If you follow our advice to remove FunPopularGames Toolbar, you can use the guide above to get rid of it manually. If manual removal is too much for you, or if other threats are active, you should install automated malware detection and removal software. Please start a discussion in the comments section below if you have any questions.