Do you know what FunCustomCreations Toolbar is?
FunCustomCreations Toolbar is a browser extension that is supposed to “create free collages & cards.” It offers users free templates to create photo cards, templates, printables, photo collages, and so on. You can download FunCustomCreations Toolbar from funcustomcreations.com although it is more often than not that users claim they have no idea how this toolbar managed to enter their computers. If that is also your case, it is recommended that you remove FunCustomCreations Toolbar from the system. If you do not remember installing a program, it is very likely that it was downloaded along with freeware applications that might prove to be detrimental to your system’s security.
As you can already see, FunCustomCreations Toolbar has an official website, so we cannot say that the application is a malicious infection. The browser extension comes from the MindSpark family of similar programs, and it is practically identical to BestBackground Toolbar, EmailFanatic Toolbar, BigGameCountdown Toolbar, and so on. All these applications have some particular function, and they are supposed to improve your overall web browsing experience. Nevertheless, it is highly unlikely that users download these apps from the official websites; otherwise, they would not be surprised to see that their default homepages get changed.FunCustomCreations Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
We are not trying to say that FunCustomCreations Toolbar is a browser hijacker. Far from it. The thing is that the full setup of this application contains the Ask Search engine, and if you do not un-tick specific options during the installation, Ask Search will be set as your homepage and default search engine. It is not recommended that you make use of this search engine because it is clear that Ask Search collects information on your web browsing history. It might look like a useful homepage that contains a lot of shortcuts to popular websites, but unsolicited browser settings modification is just that, and you should never tolerate it.
Not to mention that FunCustomCreations Toolbar might also be exploited by cyber criminals to promote unreliable third-party content, and it might be hard for you to tell which third-party advertisements are safe and which are not. The point is that any security-minded user would do anything in her power to remove FunCustomCreations Toolbar for good. And while you are at it, make sure you delete all the other unwanted applications. As mentioned above, the extension most probably arrived in a software package, so you must have installed multiple adware and potentially unwanted applications.
Run a full system scan with the SpyHunter free scanner to determine which programs must be deleted from your PC. You can uninstall FunCustomCreations Toolbar via Control Panel, but you will have to restore your browser settings manually because the Ask Search engine remains unaffected. It is not complicated, and you can do it by following the instructions we provide below. However, if you think that you cannot remove all the other unwanted applications on your own, do consider investing in a licensed antispyware tool that will do the job for you. Also, should you have any further questions about computer security, please contact us by leaving a comment.
How to Delete FunCustomCreations Toolbar
Windows 8 & Windows 8.1
- Move the mouse cursor to the lower right corner of your screen.
- When the Charm bar appears, click Settings and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove FunCustomCreations Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and delete FunCustomCreations Toolbar.
- Click the Start menu button and navigate to Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or remove programs and uninstall FunCustomCreations Toolbar.
Modify Your Browser Settings
- Press Alt+T and select Internet options.
- Change your homepage under the General tab. Press OK.
- Press Alt+T again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Select a new default search engine, remove Ask Search.
- Click Close.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of the search box.
- Select Change Search Settings.
- Remove Ask from the list.
- Set a new default search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and open the Options menu.
- Change your homepage address under the General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Add-ons.
- Disable and remove FunCustomCreations from Extensions.
- Restart your browser.
- Click Alt+F and go to More tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove FunCustomCreations.
- Click Settings on the left.
- Select the Open a specific page or set of pages option.
- Click Set pages and change your startup page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Ask Search and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
You don’t want FunCustomCreations Toolbar on your computer because this browser extension is associated with a number of potential computer security threats. You need to remove FunCustomCreations Toolbar and everything related to it from your system ASAP. For an alternative software removal method, please check out the instructions below. Also, to protect your PC from similar intruders, do consider investing in a reliable security application.