Do you know what Freshly Toolbar is?
Freshly Toolbar is a browser add-on which is promotes Xanga.com and provides the user with a few other functions. The promoted webpage that can be access through suggest acquiring Xanga’s backup application in order to be able to back up blog archives. The toolbar is based on Conduit platform, but unlike the typical Conduit toolbars, Freshly Toolbar does not contain an e-mail notifier, a radio player, or a link to weather forecasts. Since Freshly Toolbar can alter the settings of the browsers, we recommend that you remove it from the system and shield the system from many other undesirable computer programs.
When Freshly Toolbar changes the settings of the browser, that is, replaces the home page and the default search engine with search.conduit.com, you are provided with different advertisements. Your first encounter with advertisements may appear on the start-up page, where numerous websites can be promoted. You will be invited to get involved in a variety of activities. For example, you find display ads promoting websites related to social issues, online games, computer applications, and so on. Keep in mind that among those websites that pose no danger to your privacy, you may encounter some unreliable websites. It is important to be cautious about various computer threats, and if you a savvy Internet user, you probably know that it is not advisable to make purchases on the websites that have poor ratings or those privacy policies not satisfy you.
Freshy Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Additionally, you are likely to find some sponsored links on the search results page. They are displayed at the top of the page and are usually related to the search queries. However, pay attention to the domain address of the search hits. Some insecure websites may also be provided in this way, so you should be very careful when dealing with the advertisements of this type.
Search.conduit.com, which you can find on your browsers after installing Freshly Toolbar or any other Conduit toolbar, monitors your browsing sessions. It tracks your search terms, clicks and records other non-personally identifiable information. The same data may be collected by the toolbar in order to find out what how you interact with the toolbar, that is, how often you click on the links provided, how much time you spend on particular websites, and so on.
If you have no intention of using Freshly Toolbar, or rather the program promoted by the toolbar, remove it from the system and the toolbar right now. We recommend that you rely on a powerful spyware removal tool in order to have every single component of Freshly Toolbar removed. Our researchers recommend that you implement SpyHunter because the anti-spyware tool can easily eliminate the toolbar, fix your browsers, and shield the system from various computer threats.
How to uninstall Freshly Toolbar
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall Freshly Toolbar.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click the Control Panel option.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall the unwanted toolbar.
- Press the Windows key to get to the Start screen.
- Start typing control panel.
- Click the Control Panel icon and then click Uninstall a program.
- Remove the unwanted application.
How to remove Freshly Toolbar from the browsers
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options and change the home page on the General tab.
- Press Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extension section, remove the unwanted browser extension.
- Click Search Providers and change the default search provider.
- Press Alt+F and point to Tools.
- Click Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extension.
- Click Settings.
- In the On startup section, click on the third option and then click Set pages.
- Change the startup page.
- In the Search section, click on Manage search engines and set a new default search providers.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted browser extension.
- Click Plugins and remove the browser plugin related to Conduit.
- Close the tab and press Alt+T.
- Select Options.
- Change the home page on the General tab.
- Click the search engine icon next to the search box and set a new search provider.
In non-techie terms:
Do not forget to scan the computer after you uninstall the unwanted application because you should make sure that all the components of Freshly Toolbar are removed from the system.
Aliases: Freshly Toolbar virus.