Do you know what Fox News Toolbar is?
Fox News Toolbar is a browser add-on which is powered by Conduit. The toolbar is a free program that can be acquired at ourtoolbar.com, downloadmytoolbar.com/FoxNews/Download/FoxNews_LP.html and other websites. Moreover, it can be bundled with freeware or shareware. Due to the latter, you may think that your browsers are hijacker. The truth is that Fox News Toolbar is not a browser hijacker. All that you have to do to prevent the installation of this browser add-on is not rush throughout the installation procedure. Read every single window of the wizard in order to find all the options you are provided with.
If it is too late and Fox News Toolbar is already installed, check all the browsers as the browser add-on is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The toolbar has a search box and various links allowing you to follow the news feed. With one click you can also access Facebook and Twitter, and check your e-mail, for the browser extension features an E-Mail Notifier.
Fox News Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Nevertheless, the browser add-on in question promotes a search engine which should not be used. If you pay no attention to the options provided in the installer, your home page will be changed to search.conduit.com. The search engine will also be changed, and, for example, instead of Google Search you will have to use FOX News Customized Web Search, which stand for the same Conduit Search.
On the startup page, various display ads will be displayed, all of which should be disregarded. You will find offers to scan the PC, take part in some competition, sweepstake, or survey, and so on. Moreover, you may find some sponsored links to the web pages that supposedly match your search queries. Ignore such links and search.conduit.com, as well as the toolbar, from your browsers.
Below you will find the instructions on how to remove the toolbar and reset the browser; however, the procedures may be insufficient. Do not waste your time trying to remove the toolbar manually – install SpyHunter which will do everything for you automatically. Moreover, it will secure the PC against malware and spyware threats, so do not wait and act right now.
How to remove Fox News Toolbar?
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the unwanted application.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start - > Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Remove the toolbar.
- Hover the mouse over the lower left corner of the screen.
- Right-click and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove the toolbar.
Remove Fox News Toolbar and Conduit from your browsers
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- Select the box given in the window and click Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- Again click Reset Firefox and then Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted browser extension.
- Click Settings.
- Under On startup, select the last option and click Set pages.
- Change the startup page.
- Under Search, click Manage search engines and change the search provider.
In non-techie terms:
Fox News Toolbar is a browser add on which is supported by Conduit. If you do not want to use search.conduit.com, remove the toolbar and reset the setting of the browsers. Use a spyware removal tool in order
Aliases: FoxNews Toolbar.