Do you know what FindLyrics is?
FindLyrics is a computer application which displays lyrics of the music videos that you are watching on Youtube. The program is installed as a browser add-on and it works on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. It can run on the latest Windows versions except for Windows 8. You probably expect FindLyrics to enhance your experiences of YouTube; unfortunately, this application should be removed from the PC as it displays various pop-up advertisements which are supposed to match your search queries.
Due to the feature to generate advertisements, FindLyrics is also categorized as an adware application. In order to display various ads, FindLyrics records your actions on the Internet. For example, it can monitor what keywords you enter into the search box, what websites you visit, and what items you click. Soon the collected data is used for the advertisements.
If you are trying to figure out how FindLyrics was installed, it is very possible that you installed a free bundled application. Such installers contain an additional application that very often is undesirable. Therefore, the license agreement of the program should not be ignored as it usually contains information that can help you find answers to the questions related to the condition of your PC.
In the case of this particular application, we provide you with two removal options. First, you can remove FindLyrics manually. Second, you can implement a spyware removal tool which will do everything for you in no time. If you want to remove FindLyrics manually, follow the instructions provide below. Having completed the removal, do not forget to scan the PC to make sure that the unwanted application has not caused the installation of computer infections.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Remove the adware program by double-clicking its entry on the list.
- Press and hold down the Windows key and press R.
- Type control panel and click OK.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the program that you want to remove.
- Go to the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs.
- Mark the unwanted application and click the Remove button.
How to remove FindLyrics from you IE, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox
- Press Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions and remove the unwanted add-on.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Click Extensions and remove the unwanted add-on.
- Press Alt+F.
- Point to Tools and click Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted browser add-on.
In non-techie terms:
FinfLyrics is a browser add-on which displays song lyrics next to the music video and displays pop-up. The only way to get rid of annoying pop-up ads is by removing the adware program from the PC. If you have just uninstalled it, do not forget to scan the computer for malware by using our recommended scanner.