Do you know what Federal Bureau Investigation is?
Federal Bureau Investigation is a ransomware application that basically differs nothing from FBI Moneypak and other infections from the Ukash Virus family. It is called ransomware, because it literally holds the infected computer "hostage" and threatens the user to pay a ransom fee, otherwise the user might face an imprisonment sentence.
Actually, Federal Bureau Investigation does not specify what will happen if the user does pay 100 USD fine. It only says that the computer will no longer be blocked, however it does not address the issue of the supposedly committed crimes. It only proves that Federal Bureau Investigation uses the element of crime to scare the user into believing that he is in a deep trouble. And when the user is in panic he is more likely to pay the ransom, spending his money on nothing.
Do not be fooled by Federal Bureau Investigation - it has no intention of unblocking your computer. Ukash Virus and all of its versions have been created for one single purpose - easy money. The user has to put up a fight against Federal Bureau Investigation himself by taking the desktop back manually.
You simply need to do the following:
- Restart the system and before Windows logo appears press F8 to load System boot menu.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
- When the system loads, if you have Windows 7 or Vista, open Start Menu and enter "msconfig" into the search box. Press ENTER. For Windows XP, open Start Menu, click on RUN and then enter "msconfig" into the box that appears. Press ENTER.
- In System Customization menu that pop-ups, click on Startup tab and uncheck every single program that is listed. Press OK.
- Launch Internet browser to download an antimalware program and save it on the desktop.
- Restart the computer in Normal mode and install the antimalware program, to remove Federal Bureau Investigation.
You can also remove Federal Bureau Investigation manually in Safe Mode, if you are an experience computer user. However, that is not recommended for everyone.
In non-techie terms:
Federal Bureau Investigation is a malicious computer application that locks your desktop and expects you to pay a fine for a crime you haven't committed. Use the instructions above to unlock your computer and then get rid of Federal Bureau Investigation as soon as you can.
Aliases: Federal Bureau.