Do you know what Facts Right is?
Looking for an application that would satisfy your curiosity? As tempting as Facts Right might sound, we advise you not to use it. Although this program provides information, you cannot call it facts as what it displays are ads promoting various services and products. As a result, it is classified as an adware application by computer security specialists. From the first look, it would seem that all it does is showing tons of ads, but this program can work on its own without you noticing it. Also, this adware is considered dangerous as it can manipulate web page content and display fake links to unreliable websites. If you continue reading, you will learn more about how it works and how it might harm your computer. Luckily, it can be deleted with some patience and at the end of this article, you will find our carefully prepared instructions for its removal.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
As we have mentioned before, you can use our instructions if you need any help with Facts Right removal. To get rid of it, you will have to find it in your Control Panel and uninstall it. Also, this adware affects only the Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers, and it can be simply deleted as extensions. Despite that, it leaves many junk files that must be eliminated manually, which might take some time. We assure you that spending a few minutes while removing this potentially harmful program will be worth it as you will be able to browse safely again.
Delete Facts Right via Control Panel
Windows 10 & Windows 8
- Press Win +R to launch the RUN.
- Type Control Panel and press OK.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Choose the adware and click Uninstall.
Windows 7 & Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted program and click Uninstall.
- Open Start and select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the application and pick Uninstall.
Erase Facts Right from browsers
- Click on the settings icon on the top-right corner.
- Select Manage add-ons and choose Toolbars and extensions.
- Locate the adware and delete it.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+A.
- Pick Extensions.
- Select the program and click Remove.
Erase the remaining junk files
- Launch RUN by pressing Windows Key+R.
- Copy and place given locations one at a time:
%SystemRoot%\Prefetch\FACTS RIGHT.EXE-[any number of symbols].pf.
- Find Facts Right folders or files and right-click on it to delete them.
- Repeat the steps above to remove remaining Facts Right shortcuts from given locations: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Facts Right.lnk
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Facts Right.lnk
%USERPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Facts Right.lnk
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Facts Right.lnk
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Facts Right.lnk
Delete the remaining keys from the Windows Registry
- Press Windows Key+R.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Locate and erase Facts Right related keys from these particular paths:
In non-techie terms:
Facts Right is an unnecessary and suspicious program that might cause you trouble given some time. The best way to regain your peace is to delete it right away. There is no way that you will miss this adware as it does nothing else besides irritating you with pop-ups that disrupt your browsing. If you think about this, keeping a program that you do not use or cannot control does not make sense. We advise you to protect your computer from programs like this one, so it would be a very good idea to consider using an antimalware tool that will guard your PC against all malware.