Do you know what EZPowerAds is?
EZPowerAds is an adware program that is responsible for displaying pop-up ads on your browser while you surf the web. The advertisements are generated by ezpowerads.com, and these pop-ups affect all main browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. There is no separate download link for this adware program, and most of the time users download and install the application along with third party software programs that are available online. Needless to say, pop-up ads can be extremely annoying, as well as dangerous, so it is important that you remove EZPowerAds from your computer along with the applications it came with.
According to concise information provided at expowerds.com, the adware program generates such online advertisements as offers, marketing deals, coupons and so on. Depending on what they are programmed to do, these commercial ads may appear as pop unders, pop-ups, links embedded in the web-text and so on. It also means that if you are being assaulted by a great number of EZPowerAds pop-ups, it means that you have agreed to be displayed these ads, even if you did not understand it. EZPowerAds also says that you can opt out during the third party software installation by unchecking the “get advertisement” box (or anything similar to it).
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Therefore, if you download a freeware application from a third party, you need to check each installation step carefully, because free programs are often bundled with some additional features most of the users find annoying and useless.
To remove EZPowerAds from your computer, you need to uninstall all the freeware applications that might have come brought it along, and then run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to check whether you have any dangerous programs or files installed. Do all it takes to remove malicious threats from your system.
Remove unwanted programs from PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove unwanted programs.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove unwanted programs.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall undesirable applications.
How to reset your browser settings
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Explorer.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close when the reset is complete.
- Press Firefox button and go to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and click Reset Firefox on a new tab.
- Press Reset Firefox again and click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove any unwanted search provider. Click Done.
Do not forget to invest in a legitimate computer security application if need be.
In non-techie terms:
EZPowerAds is a potentially unwanted program that displays commercial adverts and unintentionally exposes your computer to malware. You must remove EZPowerAds from your PC right now to protect yourself from possible malware infections.
Aliases: EZ Power Ads.