Do you know what European Law Enforcement Agency Virus is?
European Law Enforcement Agency Virus is a computer ransomware application that locks down your computer and blocks the desktop access under the pretense that you have broken international laws. Figuratively speaking, European Law Enforcement Agency Virus holds your computer hostage, demanding a ransom fee. In case you get infected with this ransomware it is important that you do not panic and do not pay the indicated ransom fee.
This infection functions in the very same way as other ransomware applications from the Ukash virus group. However, European Law Enforcement Agency Virus is slightly different from Politia Romana Virus, Polizia Sloven Ransomware or Slovenská Polícia Virus. The latter version of Ukash virus are localized for particular countries, while European Law Enforcement Agency Virus is intended for the entire European community, targeting users in various countries. Its interface even has Kaspersky's and McAfee's logos added to make its message look even more believable:
Your computer has been LOCKED
Your PC is blocked due to at one of the reasons specified below:
Your computer has been trying to download an/or to install pirated software or multimedia files protected by international laws and has been blocked. According to EU legislation you are required to pay 100 EUR administrative fees if this if the first time you have violated the copyright law. If we don't receive a payment within 48 hours your personal information will be sent to your local police authorities.
If that weren't enough, European Law Enforcement Agency Virus also "promises" that if you are found guilty as charged, you will be convicted for up to 5 years of imprisonment sentence. Naturally, when average computer users see this kind of message, they panic and pay 100 Euro in hopes that their computers will be unlocked. However, that never happens, because European Law Enforcement Agency Virus has no intention of leaving the PC.
To remove European Law Enforcement Agency Virus from your computer, you need to follow the instructions below:
For Windows Vista/7:
- Restart your computer and press F8.
- When Advanced Boot Options appear, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Open your Internet browser and go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph to acquire SpyHunter.
- Download the application and erase the ransomware program.
For Windows XP:
- Reset or turn on your computer.
- Press F8 while the system loads.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Hit Enter.
- Click YES when a confirmation table appears.
- Access the Internet and download SpyHunter.
- Open Start menu and launch Run.
- Type "msconfig" into Run box. Hit Enter.
- Click Startup tab on System Configuration menu.
- Select Disable All and click OK to save changes. Exit the menu.
- Restart the PC in Normal mode.
- Install SpyHunter and remove European Law Enforcement Agency Virus.
In non-techie terms:
European Law Enforcement Agency Virus is a malicious computer infection that does not allow you to access your desktop. It wants you to pay a ransom fee that would not fix anything. Delete European Law Enforcement Agency Virus from your computer with an antimalware program and protect it from other infections.
Aliases: European Law virus.