Do you know what Esurf.biz is?
Esurf.biz is a hijacker that can invade your Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox web browsers without any kind of permission. This infection has a silent installer that might be added to bundles carrying other unreliable and possibly malicious programs. If you install a package of computer threats, it is essential that you delete all of them. If you do not clean your operating system, you might suffer identity theft, and your operating system’s resources could be used to spread malware beyond your operating system. Fortunately, a browser hijacker is not the kind of threat that can do that; however, if you do not remove Esurf.biz from your browsers, you might encounter virtual security risks.Esurf.biz screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
At first sight, Esurf.biz looks like a regular search engine. It provides easy-access links to popular sites, including facebook.com and twitter.com, and it redirects users to a harmless search provider, google.com. If you think about this, Esurf.biz is a useless search tool because it does not offer beneficial services. If you have a choice to use a legitimate and reputable search provider, why would you trust an unreliable and mysterious search tool that does not even provide authentic services? Even if you do not “see” anything wrong with this search tool, you must take into consideration the fact that there is no information about it. Normal search tools disclose legal details and information about their creators and their intentions. Since this information is not provided, we cannot know if this tool will not work in a malicious way, which would be the most important reason to delete Esurf.biz from your operating system.
The removal of Esurf.biz might seem impossible if you are not experienced, and you do not know how malicious hijackers work. Just like your-home-page.net, yourwebing.com, and other recent hijackers, this one takes over the Target. This is a feature that is integral to your browsers, and you have to go to the Properties of the affected browser shortcut to find it. Needless to say, not many users know that this Target exists, and even fewer people know that this is what has to be modified to delete Esurf.biz. In fact, if you change the Target, the suspicious search tool will not be deleted; however, you will be free to change the unwanted search tools. Because Esurf.biz usually comes bundled with malware, you also should install an automatic malware removal tool to eliminate any remaining threats.
Modify browser settings
- Right-click the browser shortcut that was infected by the hijacker.
- Select Properties, click the General tab, and move to the Target section.
- Remove “http://Esurf.biz/?ssid=1439453513” and click OK.
Delete Esurf.biz from browsers
Delete from Google Chrome
- Launch the browser, tap Alt+F, and click Settings.
- Under On Startup select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the URL of the unreliable search tool and click OK.
- Under Appearance select Show Home button and click Change.
- Repeat step 3 to change the Home Page option.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and select the preferred search tool.
- Click X on the URL of the search tool you want to remove and click Done.
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Launch the browser, tap Alt+T, and click Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on the left click Search Providers and select the preferred search tool.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and click Internet options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the Home Page URL, and click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch the browser, tap Alt+T, and click Options.
- In the menu on the left click General and overwrite/remove the Home Page URL.
- In the menu on the left click Search and Remove the undesirable search provider.
In non-techie terms:
Our research team recommends removing Esurf.biz because it is very unpredictable. This program could use personal data tracking cookies, and it could introduce you to unreliable advertisements. Hopefully, you will not become a victim of cyber criminals by using Esurf.biz, but this is a risk you will encounter if you do not delete this infection. We advise employing a malware remover to get rid of this threat, as well as all other malicious programs that could have been installed along with it. If these infections have already paralyzed your operating system, the instructions below might help you liberate it from malware.