Do you know what Entrusted Toolbar is?
Entrusted Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program from Conduit family. It is a browser add-on that gets installed on your computer with your permission. However, quite often it is thought to be a browser hijacker, because it changes the home page to search.conduit.com. Nevertheless, these changes are carried out with the user’s permission, which means you need to be attentive during software installation, as to avoid unwanted services and features installed on your PC. Remove Entrusted Toolbar from your computer right now and prevent possible malware infections.
If you take a look at the official website for Entrusted Toolbar, you would see that entrusted.ourtoolbar.com differs nothing from the pages for other Conduit Ltd. products – VisualBee Toolbar, Freecorder Toolbar, Eazel Toolbar and so on. All these browser plugins are called differently, but they all are compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer web browsers, and they come with additional software applications you are not advised to install. For example, most of the time, Entrusted Toolbar and other Conduit products offer you to install TuneUp Utilities 2013. It is a computer optimization program that is supposed to tell you whether you have any serious errors in your system. Unfortunately, TuneUp Utilities 2013 is known to have scareware features as well, which means that it scares you into thinking that sometimes is terribly wrong in order to make profit out of you.
Since Entrusted Toolbar is related to such programs of questionable nature, it cannot be fully trusted itself as well. It may not be a computer virus, but it is known to significantly slow down your PC, spam you with commercial advertisements and even try to redirect you to sponsored websites. What is more, if Entrusted Toolbar gets exploited by malware, you could get infected with dangerous viruses that would destroy your system and steal confidential information.
In order to avoid such consequences you should follow the instructions below and remove Entrusted Toolbar from your computer immediately.
How to remove Entrusted Toolbar
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Select Settings and click Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Entrusted Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Entrusted Toolbar.
- Open Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or remove programs and uninstall Entrusted Toolbar.
Remove Entrusted Toolbar from your browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Change your home page address under General tab, and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Select Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Entrusted Customized Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Change your home page address under General tab. Press OK.
- Click the search engine icon the left of the search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines from drop-down menu.
- Remove Entrusted Customized Web Search and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove Entrusted Helper Toolbar from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your startup page address. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Entrusted Customized Web Search and click Done.
After manual removal you are advised to scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner. Invest in a powerful antimalware tool if any potentially dangerous programs are detected. Protect yourself from malicious threats.
In non-techie terms:
Entrusted Toolbar is a browser extension that displays annoying commercial advertisements and exposes you to a number of security risks. You need to remove Entrusted Toolbar from your computer to prevent any possible malware infections.
Aliases: Entrusted browser toolbar
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats