Do you know what Dream Scan Soft is?
Dream Scan Soft is a rogue antispyware application that pretends to be a reliable computer security tool. This malicious infection enters your computer with intention to steal your money. Rogue antispyware applications have been developed to convince unsuspecting computer users into purchasing the full version of a program that cannot live up to its promises. It goes without saying that Dream Scan Soft must be removed from your computer, and while you are at it, scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner to check for other potential infections.
The reason why you might have other potential infections on your computer is because rogues seldom travel alone and they are often distributed by Trojans. The same can be applied to Dream Scan Soft as well, although it may have more than one distribution method. Dream Scan Soft might be hiding behind fake online antimalware scanners, social engineering messages, fake update notifications and even spam email attachments. It just means that you need to stay cautious when you browse the Internet; otherwise you would be soon get infected with rogue antispyware.
Dream Scan Soft screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Luckily, Dream Scan Soft is not an extremely dangerous rogue antispyware application, because it only pops up into action when and if you launch it yourself. It does not have an auto-start function, which means Dream Scan Soft does not add its own entry into Windows Registry. If you trigger the program, it runs a fake system scan which later on says that you are infected with Backdoor/Spy.W32, Trojan/Win32 and other similar non-existent threats. Were you to click the registration button or the Buy NOW! section, you would be redirected to Dream Scan Soft’s purchase page.
There the rogue tells you that you can get a full PC protection and unlimited license just for $79.95 (SPECIAL OFFER!). However, at the same time we can see that the rogue requires you to fill in the blanks with your personal and financial information. If you give it away, the people who created Dream Scan Soft will be able to steal your money, and that is definitely something you should prevent from happening.
If you paid for Dream Scan Soft already, contact your bank or credit card company, so that they would block the card and issue you a new one. Then get yourself a powerful antimalware tool that would remove Dream Scan Soft from your PC immediately. You can also follow the manual removal instructions below, but keep in mind that scanning your PC with antimalware scanner is a must, in order to detect all the potential infections at once.
How to remove Dream Scan Soft
- Press Windows key for metro Start menu to open.
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and select Change PC Settings.
- Click General and under Advanced Startup select Start Now.
- Press Troubleshoot and click Advanced Options.
- Select Startup settings and click Restart.
- Press F5 to select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Locate dreamscan.exe and/or scan.exe and delete the files.
- Access http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and install SpyHunter.
- Scan your PC.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Reboot the PC and tap F8 repeatedly until Advanced Boot Options menu opens.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Find dreamscan.exe and scan.exe files and delete them.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the application and scan your PC.
- Follow the steps above 1 and 2.
- Click Yes on a confirmation box.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Locate Dream Scan Soft files dreamscan.exe and/or scan.exe and delete them.
- Reboot the PC in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and scan the system.
In non-techie terms:
Dream Scan Soft is a fake antivirus program which can steal your money if you give away your financial information. It tries to convince you that your PC is infected with malware, but everything the rogue says is a lie, so you should remove Dream Scan Soft right now.
Aliases: DreamScanSoft, Dream Scan Soft virus.