Do you know what Do-search.com is?
Do-search.com is a browser hijacker that users various methods to enter your system. It is related to such computer infections as Aartemis.com, Delta-homes, Dosearches.com and other similar intruders. The main purpose of Do-search.com is to collect information on your web browsing habits and then redirect you to affiliated websites, so that third parties might generate financial profit via pay-per-click system because of the increased web traffic. Unfortunately, Do-search.com also is a source of a number of potential security risks that cannot be overlooked. Therefore, even if (by chance) you do find this search engine useful, it is necessary to remove Do-search.com from your PC right now.
The problem is that if your home page and default search engine are changed to Do-search.com, then it is very likely that the browser hijacker is not the only potentially unwanted (and dangerous) program installed on your PC. There are a lot of programs available for download online, and most of them are hosted by third party websites that have nothing in common with the official web pages or developers. For example, if you try to download a codec or a computer security program from a third party via unreliable downloader, it is very likely that you will also download and install an entire bunch of unnecessary programs and applications that would only leach at your system resources.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The third party content is the reason why you need to remove Do-search.com from your PC. Sooner or later you could be exposed to corrupted content that leads to malicious websites, or you could get infected with malware. Reset your browser settings right now and then scan your PC with SpyHunter to detect all the Do-search.com files. Keep in mind that the hijacker’s files remain in your computer and you need to remove them so that the infection would not come back. If Do-search.com keeps on getting set as your default home page, leave me a comment and we will find the solution to this problem.
Reset your browser to default
- Press Firefox button and navigate to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and click Reset Firefox at the top right of a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox again and then press Finish.
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Mark the Delete personal settings option.
- Press Reset and click Finish.
Modify Google Chrome Settings
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and press Set pages.
- Remove Do-search.com, enter a new home page address and click OK.
- Click Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine; delete Do-search.com and press Done.
In non-techie terms:
Do-search.com is a computer infection that affects your browser and could be related to dangerous computer infections. You need to remove Do-search.com from your system immediately in order to protect it from even more serious threats.
Aliases: Do-search Virus.