Do you know what Discount Buddy is?
Discount Buddy is a browser plugin that provides you with coupon deals for a list of popular online stores. If you have this extension installed on your browser, whenever you visit a particular online shopping mall, you will be presented with coupon and savings deals that ought to save you thousands of dollars. However, despite the fact that Discount Buddy is not a computer virus, it is classified as potentially unwanted application due to possible security risks. Therefore, it is for the best to remove Discount Buddy from your computer.
The plugin is closely related to InstantSavingsApp, Savings Vault, Solid Savings and similar extensions, all developed by 215 Apps. Discount Buddy provides coupon deals for such online merchants as Best Buy, Walmart or Toys R Us. It can be installed on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Discount Buddy can be downloaded at discount-buddy.com, but it is also common for the extension to arrive bundled with freeware. This is why users often claim that Discount Buddy is installed onto their computers without their permission, but the general practice shows that this plugin always prompts a user before the installation. You just have to be attentive.
Discount Buddy screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If it was not your intention to have Discount Buddy on your computer, you should remove the plugin. It can collect your internet browsing information, and if the extension gets exploited, the data could easily be used for marketing or malware distribution purposes. Luckily, it is very easy to remove Discount Buddy from your computer manually. Nevertheless, after manual removal be sure to run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner, to see whether there are no residual files left in your system.
Remove Discount Buddy from PC
Instructions for Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Discount Buddy.
For Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Discount Buddy.
For Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and uninstall Discount Buddy.
If Discount Buddy is still present on your browser after manual removal via Control Panel, do the following:
Delete Discount Buddy from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Remove Discount Buddy from Toolbars and Extensions.
Delete Discount Buddy from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A for Add-ons Manager to open.
- Remove Discount Buddy from Extensions.
Delete Discount Buddy from Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Click Extensions and remove Discount Buddy from the list.
In non-techie terms:
Discount Buddy is a browser extension that provides you with coupon deals for certain online shopping malls. It is not a computer virus, but this application can pose various security risks, so you should remove Discount Buddy from your computer right now.