Do you know what Delta Search Redirect is?
Delta Search Redirect refers to a search website that forcefully redirects users' searches to third party pages that might contain malware. If you experiencing various redirections and your homepage is changed to delta-search.com, then you have Delta Search Redirect installed on your computer. Although it is not a computer virus, it can be the root of many problems, considering the fact that Delta Search Redirect collects data on your Internet browsing habits.
If Delta Search Redirect is misused by cyber criminals, it can gather even sensitive personal information and send it away to a third party that controls it. Usually Delta Search Redirect collect internet browsing information to use it for marketing and commercial purposes. That explains why you are bombarded with commercial advertisements each time you open delta-search.com homepage. And if you have Delta Search Redirect on your computer, this website will be opened automatically, because upon installation Delta Search Redirect changes your default home page settings.
Delta Search Redirect screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The problem with Delta Search Redirect is that users often allow this infection to enter their computers themselves unwittingly. It happens when Delta Search Redirect is bundled with free software applications available online. By initiating the software installation, you initiate the installation of Delta Search as well. Thus, you have to pay attention when you install new software on your computer.
It is important to remove Delta Search Redirect from your system if you want to prevent malware from entering your computer.
Remove Delta Search Redirect from Windows
- Drag mouse cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen for the minimized metro screen to appear.
- Right-click it.
- Click Control Panel on context menu.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Delta Search.
Windows Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel --> Uninstall a program.
- Remove Delta Search from the list.
- Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs.
- Highlight Delta Search and uninstall it.
Remove Delta Search engine from your browsers
- Press Alt+T and click Tools --> Internet Options.
- Under General tab Home page section delete delta-search.com.
- Enter a home page address you prefer and save changes.
- Press Alt+T and click Manage add-ons.
- Delete delta-search.com from Search Providers list.
- Click Firefox button and click Options.
- Delete delta-search.com from home page section under General tab.
- Type om a home page address you prefer and save changes.
- Click the search bar at the top right corner and press F4.
- Click Manage search engines...
- Delete delta-search.com from the list and save changes.
When you are done with the manual removal, download SpyHunter to perform a free system scan in order to check whether there are any suspicious files remaining. Invest in a reliable antimalware tool to delete computer threats if need be.
In non-techie terms:
Delta Search Redirect is a browser hijacker that redirects your search results and collects your browsing data. It is necessary to remove Delta Search Redirect on time to prevent dangerous infections from entering your system.
Aliases: Delta Search virus.