Do you know what DealXplorer is?
Judging from its name, DealXplorer is an application that should help you in the process of shopping online. You are offered to get the latest deals and offers that will come directly to your browser. To save your money with the help of this program may seem like a nice idea to you. However, making promises is everything that this adware application is capable of. In reality, this program brings no benefits and is only created to promote an unreliable search engine. Any person who cares about his online security should hesitate no more and remove the suspicious application from his computer.
The program presents you with an optional offer to install OurSurfing.com as a default search engine and homepage. You can decline the offer, but DealXplorer pays no attention to your wishes and later hijacks your homepage. Not a long time ago, OurSurfing.com was tested in our internal laboratory, and we have categorized it as an unreliable search engine that should not be trusted. The same goes for DealXplorer as well: The adware application acts against your will, brings no benefits, and is created solely for the promotion of untrustworthy search engine. So, are there any reasons to keep it?DealXplorer screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
One more thing speaks for the elimination of DealXplorer. The program collects information on your Web browsing habits. The official reason is that it is done to “provide you with improved services.” But developers of this application leave themselves a possibility to share even your personally identifiable information with their business partners. Besides, DealXplorer can offer you services or products owned by third parties. However, the risk of using these services lies entirely on you as the creators of the program bear no liability for any content generated by third parties. So, apart from being a useless application itself, DealXplorer may even expose you to potentially untrustworthy content created by unknown third parties.
Even the creators of DealXplorer are probably aware of its worthlessness. We have found that it is no longer possible to download it from any official source. You are offered to install the DealGrabber add-on to your browser instead. We guess that if DealXplorer has found a way to your system, it was done using the bundling method. Developers of many suspicious applications put them in packages with other, sometimes even legitimate, programs. Please be careful while installing any program, read the installation wizard, and decide if any additional program coming with the downloaded one is worth to be installed.
We have prepared a guide that will help you remove DealXplorer. Besides, we will show you how to restore your default homepage and search engine in case they were already hijacked by this suspicious application. Just follow carefully our instructions and you will regain control of your browser. If you find the task too hard for you and you are not sure of your abilities, then you will have to acquire a reliable antimalware scanner. It will eliminate DealXplorer and the unwanted search engine. In addition, we recommend that you scan your system for a presence of other unwanted programs that could have possibly come along with the useless shopping assistant. Some of them could be of a malicious character and eliminating them should be your utmost priority.
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Access Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove Programs and eliminate DealXplorer.
Windows 7 or Windows Vista
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel and open Uninstall a program.
- Remove DealXplorer.
- Simultaneously press the Windows key + I.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove DealXplorer.
Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Right-click on the Windows logo and choose Programs and Features.
- Uninstall DealXplorer.
How to restore your browser settings
- Open your browser and press Alt + T to launch Tools.
- Click on Internet options.
- Restore your homepage under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt + T again and select Manage add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and remove the unwanted search engine.
- Open your browser and press Alt + T.
- Open Options and go to General.
- Remove the unwanted homepage and restore your default.
- Navigate to Search.
- Remove the unwanted search engine.
- Open your browser.
- Click on the Customize and control Google Chrome icon.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup.
- Click on Set pages and remove the unwanted URL.
- Click OK.
- Select Show Home button under Appearance and click on Change.
- Remove the unwanted page and click OK.
- Go to Manage search engines… under Search.
- Remove the unwanted engine and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
DealXplorer is promoted as a tool that will boost your online shopping experience and will even save your money. However, we suggest that you waste no time before eliminating the application from your computer. It shows annoying advertisements and content generated by potentially unreliable third parties. Moreover, this adware program acts as a browser hijacker and changes your default homepage and search engine. Follow the instructions you will find below and get rid of this suspicious program.