Do you know what Daily Bible Guide is?
Daily Bible Guide is a browser plugin that manifests itself in a form of a toolbar. If you visit the official website at dailybibleguide.com, you will be automatically redirected to the plugin’s download page. Due to its intrusive nature Daily Bible Guide is considered to be a potentially unwanted application, and you should remove it from your computer if you want to avoid a number of possible security risks. However, it is important to point out, that Daily Bible Guide is not a computer virus, as some of the users may think.
The reason why some users think that Daily Bible Guide is a computer virus is because a full version of this browser extension may change your home page and your default search engine into home.mywebsearch.com. Users think that their home page gets changed without their permission, and consequently they consider Daily Bible Guide a browser hijacker. However, browser hijackers change your browser settings behind your back, while this plugin does prompt you about the oncoming modifications.
Daily Bible Guide screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Daily Bible Guide is compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers. It also functions in exactly the same way as another browser plugin called MyFunCards Search. It means that when the installation is initiated, you are asked whether you want to change your home page and default search engine to MyWebSearch home page. It is basically impossible to miss the notification, but some users skip this step, because they go through the installation process automatically without even checking what they install on their PCs.
Therefore, Daily Bible Guide is not a malicious infection. Nevertheless, you should remove it from our PC, or at least restore your browser’s settings, because MyWebSearch home page is known to display a list of commercial advertisements that could be related to malware distribution. Browser plugins do not review the commercial ads displayed on their home pages, so Daily Bible Guide may be indirectly responsible for a number of malware infections.
If you want to avoid possible security complications, you should remove Daily Bible Guide from your PC right now, and restore your default browser settings.
Daily Bible Guide Manual Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
How to restore your browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Under General tab change your home page address and click OK.
- Press Alt+X once more and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left page.
- Set a new default search engine and remove My Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Change your home page address under General tab and press OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of the search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove My Web Search from the list.
- Click OK and restart Firefox.
After manual removal scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner to make sure that you have no other potentially dangerous programs left installed on your PC.
In non-techie terms:
Daily Bible Guide is a browser add-on that provides you daily Bible quotes. It is not a computer virus, but you are highly recommended to remove it from your PC, because it could be related to malware distribution.