Do you know what Cuerpo National de Policía virus is?
Cuerpo National de Policía virus is a computer threat that places a huge notification across your screen and accuses you of violating national laws. This ransomware application attacks users in Spain. If you have Spanish IP address you are also susceptible to this infection. The main reason user gets infected with Cuerpo National de Policía virus is money, because this program expects the user to pay a ransom fee. Unfortunately, a great number of users do end up paying in hopes that their computers will be unlocked.
This tactics is well known in the security world, because Cuerpo National de Policía virus belongs to a huge Ukash Virus group of ransomware infections. There are hundreds of localized variants for all countries that have a significant number of computer users. The most prominent versions of Ukash Virus include FBI MoneyPak, Metropolitan Police Virus, BUNDESPOLIZEI virus and others. Just like its counterparts Cuerpo National de Policía virus blocks the user from his desktop by displaying a false notification that supposedly has been sent by the National Spanish Police office. The user is accused of committing a list of illegal acts for which he might face criminal prosecution. However, all the statements in the message below are not real:
Ha sido detectada actividad ilegal en su ordenador!
Su sistema operativo ha sido bloquedo debido a violaciones de las leyes de la Reino de España!
A fin de desbloquear su ordenador, usted es obligado de pagar una multa en cantidad de €100. iLa multa debe ser pagada durante 24 horas a partir del momento cuando su ordenador personal fue cerrado con llave!
Si la multa no es pagada el tiempo especificado, su ordenador sera confiscado, su causa penal sera presentada al tribunal y todos los datos seran quitados de su ordenador personal.
Cuerpo National de Policía virus claims that you have downloaded and distributed child pornography among other things, and for that your computer has been locked. You must pay 100 euro within the next 24 hours otherwise all of your data will be deleted. However, the Spanish police cannot block your personal computer because it does not have such jurisdiction.
You have to remove Cuerpo National de Policía virus right now, because the ransomware will not unlock your computer willingly. Follow the instructions below to terminate this infection with SpyHunter:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart or turn on your computer.
- Once BIOS loads tap F8 key repeatedly for the Advanced Boot Options menu to appear.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install SpyHunter and remove Cuerpo National de Policía virus.
- Turn on or reset the computer.
- Once BIOS screen disappear hit F8 continuously. If Windows logo appears, restart the computer and try again.
- Use arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
- When a confirmation dialog box pops up, click Yes.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open Start menu and click Run.
- Enter "msconfig" into the blank space and click OK.
- When System Configuration Utility appears click the Startup tab.
- Uncheck all programs on the list and click Apply. Exit the menu.
- Restart your computer in Normal Mode.
- Install the downloaded program and erase the ransomware infection.
In non-techie terms:
Cuerpo National de Policía virus is a computer infection that blocks you from accessing your desktop and demands a ransom fee. Do not pay the money, because the accusations displayed by this infection are false. Remove Cuerpo National de Policía virus following the instructions above and protect your computer from serious threats.
Aliases: Policía virus.