Do you know what Cool Mirage Ltd is?
Cool Mirage Ltd is a company which provides a great variety of computer applications, mobile apps, and browser extensions for home computers and business.
The official website coolmirage.com currently features only one application GoPhoto.it which is a browser add-on which is said to help the user enhance the experience on Facebook. The application enables to enlarge pictures, modify the colors of the images by adding various effects, and search for similar pictures using Google. The add-on is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Like the majority of free programs, GoPhoto.it can be bundled with several applications which can be opted out. It is likely, that your Mozilla Firefox will display a message asking whether you want to allow gophoto.lt to install the software. In the Add-ons Manager of Firefox, the application will be given as GoPhotoIt (Images Zoom Extension). In order to remove GoPhotoIt, it is enough to delete it from the extension list of the browser on which the add-on was installed.
In case this Cool Mirage’s product is downloaded from third-party sources, it is important that the user pay attention to every window displayed due to the fact the installer contain other applications. For example, when downloading the same GoPhotoIt by CoolMirage from cnet.cim, a window suggesting the user to install SpamFreeSearch by Montera Technologies Ltd is displayed. If the installation is allowed, Blekko toolbar is installed, while home page and search provider is changed to blekko.com. As for the browsers, all the browsing tools on the PC are affected. In order to remove the toolbar, it is not enough to reset be browsers as Blekoo Search Bar has to uninstall using Control Panel as well.
Another program published by Cool Mirage Ltd is TornTV, which is stated to provide the user with a variety of worldwide TV channels. The channels can be chosen either by going through the list of countries or by selecting a particular category such as News TV, Sports TV, Kids TV and so on.
Those computer users who download free programs and pay no attention to the installation wizard are likely to think that the products of Cool Mirage Ltd are infectious; however, very often their products are just bundled with free applications.
If a program published by Cool Mirage Ltd has been installed unexpectedly, there is always a chance to remove it.The following instructions should help to uninstall the unwanted applications and reset the settings of the browsers which are affected by browser extensions.
How to remove of Cool Mirage
- Go to the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Double-click on the program that you want to remove (TornTV, Blekko Search bar or any other) and follow the uninstall guide.
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove programs.
- Select the application you want to remove and click on the Remove button.
- Hover the mouse over the bottom left corner of screen until a minimized version of your Metro UI or desktop pops up.
- Right click it and select Control Panel.
- Select the unwanted application (note that there might be more than one that you need to remove) and click on Uninstall above the list.
Reset the settings of the browser
Keep in mind that some steps of the instructions given below may be unnecessary depending on the application associated with Cool Mirage Ltd.
- Open the browser and press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click on Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable the unwanted add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers.
- Set a new provider and remove the unwanted one.
- To change the home page, press Alt +T and select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, change the home page of the browser and press OK.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key, then press and hold Shift and finally hit A.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Options.
- Change the home page under the General tab.
- Open the drop-down menu next to the search box of the browser and change the search engine if necessary.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Alt key and press F.
- Go to Tools and then select Extensions.
- Remove all the unwanted add-ons.
- Click on Settings.
- In the On Startup section, click on the third option.
- Select Set pages and change the startup page if necessary.
- In the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
- Remove the unwanted one and set a new search engine.
- Press OK to save changes.
In non-techie terms:
Cool Mirage Ltd is a company whose products are very often bundled with freeware available on various websites. In case you want to get rid some program published by Cool Mirage, the foregoing instructions should help to delete it from the system or the browsers.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats