Do you know what Contenko is?
Contenko or contenko.com, is a search engine supported by Amirow LLC. Even though the slogan of the search tool indicates that it can provide you with a ‘faster way to surf the web’, some security experts recommend being extra careful when facing it personally. Since the search engine supports both web and sponsored search results, we advise that you run it only if authentic malware detection and removal software is installed onto the computer. Even though Amirow LLC may have no intentions to harm you or threaten your virtual security, the risks are high when third parties are involved. Do you need to delete Contenko? What removal strategies should you take up? What should you do to ensure that the operating system is protected against any security issues in the future? Find all of the answers below.
In case you have downloaded WonderBrowse plugin onto the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers, you may discover that certain pop-ups link you to Contenko.com. Needless to say, this activity is not malicious; however, we certainly do not recommend using search tools, or add-ons for that matter, which may redirect you to unfamiliar sites without any warning. If you wish to delete WonderBrowse from the browsers you can use our search box on the top-right of the page to find the article which will provide you with all removal tips. If you delete the plugin you will no longer find links to the suspicious search engine.
In case you have discovered that Contenko has replaced your home page and search provider settings, it is possible that when installing bundled software you accidentally accepted the suggested search modifications. Since it is not recommended to run search engine altogether, we have prepared the manual removal instructions which will help you delete Contenko from affected browsers. Even though the task is in no way complicated it is strongly recommend that you install a reputable scanner to scan the computer and determine whether your operating system is ready to run securely. Of course, if you wish to ensure full-time protection you should install automatic malware detection and removal software (e.g. SpyHunter) to ensure it.
Delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser and click the search provider icon on the search box.
- From the appeared menu select Manage Search Engines.
- Select the undesirable search provider, click Remove and then OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu and select Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- In the appeared utility move to the left and select Search Providers.
- Choose a new default search engine and Remove the undesirable one.
- Click Close and simultaneously tap Alt+T again.
- Now click Internet Options and click the General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the presented Contenko URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and then repeat step 3.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and choose a new default search engine.
- Click X on the URL you wish to remove from the list and hit Done.
In non-techie terms:
We suggest you remove Contenko from your browsers if your home page and search provider settings have been modified. In case you are redirected to Contenko.com by a different plugin we suggest you exit the search engine without using it and then examine the plugin to ensure that it is secure for you to run it. Please follow the instructions above to delete undesirable search tools.
Aliases: Contenko virus.