Do you know what Computer Locked - Police Virus is?
Computer Locked - Police Virus is a type of ransomware infection which makes the system inoperable and displays a bogus message saying that you have to pay a fine in order to unlock the system. Cyber criminals behind the infection present credentials of legal institutions to convince users that the message is legitimate; therefore, such law enforcement agencies as the FBI, Italian police, Slovenian police, and others are presented in the messages depending on the country in which a version of Computer Locked - Police Virus is spread.
As you may guess, you should not trust the charges provided, as well. According to different versions of the virus, you are accused of being involved in illegal activities that have been carried out through the paralyzed computer, which is why the system is now locked. Hence, the user is expected to pay a fine, which depends on the currency of the country, through Paysafecard, MoneyPak or Ukash. Are you sure that you can trust a message saying that you are a suspect even though you might have not done anything wrong? Removal of the infection is the best solution you can come up with, and we urge you to remove it with SpyHunter, which can effectively deal with all types of infections and provide you with full-time protection.
We advise you to use SpyHunter, because this tool has already successfully dealt with such Ukash viruses as IRMA Virus, Polizei österreich Virus, Slovenská Polícia Virus and many others, all of which are ransomware infections, sometimes called Computer Locked - Police Virus.
Follow our instructions below and remove the infection you have on the PC in no time:
- Restart the computer.
- Once the BIOS screen providing you with information on your hardware disappears, start tapping the F8 key.
- By using up/down arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph to download SpyHunter.
- Install the file downloaded and remove the threat after scanning the system.
- Reboot the computer.
- Start tapping F8 as soon as the BIOS screen disappears.
- Use up/down arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press Enter.
- Confirm your login by clicking Yes when a dialog box appears.
- Open the Start menu.
- Launch Run.
- Enter “msconfig” in the field provided and press OK.
- Click on the Startup tab.
- Select the Disable All button.
- Press Apply.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Restart the PC and let it load up normally.
- Install the file downloaded and run a scan to detect and remove Computer Locked - Police Virus.
In non-techie terms:
Computer Locked - Police Virus is term to refer to ransomware infections also known as Ukash viruses. The infection attributed to this group disables access to the desktop, displays a full-screen hoax which demands users’ money for the unlocking of the PC. If your PC is infected with of the Computer Locked - Police Virus threat, follow our instructions provided above to remove it.
Aliases: Police Virus.