Do you know what CercaVoli is?
According to our cyber security experts, CercaVoli is a non-functional application that should have provided its users with plane flight-related information. However, it does not work but is still being distributed via software bundles. This program is not malicious, but since it does not work and you cannot uninstall it from Control Panel, researchers have classified it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP.) Therefore, you might want to remove it because all it will do is run in the background and use your PC recourses. To find out more about this application, please continue reading this short description.
CercaVoli used to be an application that gave its users plane flight deals that were supposed to save its users a lot of money. However, this program no longer works, but it does run in the Background. It has a user interface window, but it is empty because this program has no connection to its server. Therefore, it its current form, this program does nothing but run in the background and use up your system’s resources.CercaVoli screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Another rather significant feature of this program is that you cannot uninstall it from Control Panel as it does not have an uninstaller. This is one of the reasons our security experts classified it as a potentially unwanted program. Moreover, this program drops many of its files in a dozen locations on your PC as well as two registry keys. The list of files includes cercaVoli.lnk, Wsis32, SysUrlHL.job, and SysUrlSH. These files are scattered in the following locations:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)
Unfortunately, there is no information on where this application comes from. The only thing that we know about it is that it was developed for the Italian market as this application was in Italian only. It had a dedicated distribution website at Dealflightsfinder.com. However, this website is no longer available. Nevertheless, this program is still distributed, and this is the reason we write about it. Our malware analysts say that CercaVoli can be found bundled with third-party software and you can get it by installing software bundles from an Italy-based freeware distributing site. The program may be installed automatically, but you might be able to deselect its installation after opting for advanced or custom installation.
In closing, it is clear that CercaVoli is not malicious but rather unusable as its server is probably down. This program is incapable of providing you with any functions. All it can do is run in the background and use your system’s resources. We recommend that you remove all of this program’s files using our guide featured below.
Delete this program manually
- Hold down Windows+E keys.
- In the File Explorer’s address bar, type the following file paths.
- Delete the contents of the cercaVoli folder.
- Then, type the following file paths.
- %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)
- %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)
- %USERPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)
- %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)
- %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\(Default)
- Press Enter.
- Find and delete cercaVoli.lnk from the folders.
- Then type in the following file paths and press Enter.
- Find SysUrlSH and SysUrlSH.job and delete them.
- Then type %HOMEDRIVE% and press Enter.
- Locate Wsis32 and delete it.
- Finally, go to the desktop and delete cercaVoli.lnk
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
Delete the registry keys
- Hold down Windows+R keys.
- Type regedit in the dialog box and click OK.
- Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree
- Locate SysUrlHL and SysUrlSH value strings and delete them.
In non-techie terms:
CercaVoli was classified as a potentially unwanted program mainly because it does not have an uninstaller, so you have to delete all of its files manually. Nevertheless, we have also found that it does not work as its supposed features are nonexistent. All it does is run in the background or have its GUI opened on the desktop. If you want to remove this program, feel free the guide above.