Do you know what BullVid Download Manager is?
BullVid Download Manager is an application that is supposed to help you manage various downloads from different file hosting websites. It can be classified as browser helper object and the application may be downloaded directly at bullvid.com. It should be pointed out that unlike malware infections BullVid Download Manager does not pose any danger to your computer and user intervention is NECESSARY to install the application. Therefore, if you want to remove BullVid Download Manager from your computer, you can do that manually as well.
The only risk that may come with BullVid Download Manager hides in the additional programs that are usually bundled with this application. If you are not attentive enough during the installation process, you may install additional toolbars that may be undesirable. Not to mention, your home page may be changed to searchnu.com and your default search engine could be modified for Search Results. It makes it seem as though BullVid Download Manager hijacks the browser, but that is very far from truth. The reality is that YOU ALLOW for your browser to be taken over yourself, by choosing the default (Typical installation) that is "recommended" by BullVid.
BullVid Download Manager screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
To avoid the installation of undesirable applications, you need to choose the custom installation and then remove ticks from two boxes below. Even though the search engine and the modified home page are not directly related to malware. You may be exposed to annoying commercial ads that could slow down your overall computer performance. Not to mention that Search Results toolbar could be exploited by third parties to collect your personal data. Thus if you find useful neither BullVid Download Manager nor any of the additional applications, follow the instructions below to remove it from your PC.
How to delete BullVid Download Manager
Instructions for Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove BullVid with Search-Results Toolbar.
Instructions for Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove BullVid with Search-Results Toolbar.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and uninstall BullVid with Search-Results Toolbar.
How to restore browser settings
For Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- Remove searchnu.com/446 from home page section under General tab.
- Enter a new home page address and press OK.
- Press Alt+X again and select Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left and set a new default search engine.
- Right-click Search Results and remove it from the list.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Click Firefox button and select Options.
- Delete searchnu.com/446 from home page section under General tab.
- Enter a new home page address and click OK.
- Click the search engine icon on Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove Search Results from the list.
- Press OK to save changes and restart your browser.
For Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Delete searchnu.com/446 and enter and new home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and delete Search Results from the list. Click Done.
Finally, run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner, to be absolutely sure that no other undesirable programs are present in your system.
In non-techie terms:
BullVid Download Manager is an application that allows you to manage multiple video downloads from different websites. However, it is usually bundled with additional applications that users often find annoying. If you do not need the program, remove BullVid Download Manager along with other applications from your computer right now.
Aliases: BullVid Manager.