Do you know what Buildathome.info is?
Buildathome.info is an adware platform that spams you with commercial and other pop-up advertisements some of which may display misleading content. The first impression of this adware program is “annoying”, but as you keep on receiving these persistent advertisements the security risks may arise, exposing you to possible malware infections. Therefore, it is important that you remove Buildathome.info from your computer as soon as possible, because constant redirections to unfamiliar websites may have dire consequences.
The official website at Buildathome.info is suspicious already, because if you type in the domain name into your browser’s address bar and press enter, you will be displayed a list of search results for Buildathome.info by your default search engine. Naturally, the thing that is risky is not the Buildathome.info website itself, but the advertisements it displays, so you have to be sure not to click on any of them.
Are you wondering how you got infected with Buildathome.info? It probably came with freeware applications or browser extensions you have installed on your PC recently. For example, Buildathome.info is known to be distributed together with Coupon Companion and similar browser plugins. It actually would not be that risky if Buildathome.info only displayed pop-up ads and that was it. The problem is that this adware also track your web browsing habits and then it may share the collected data with third parties in order to increase traffic for a specific sponsored website, or use it for other marketing purposes.
It is clear that Buildathome.info is not a down-right computer virus, but it is a program that in the long run may become indirectly responsible for infecting you with Trojans, worms and similar types of malware. In order to avoid this, you need to remove random browser plugins and other additional applications that brought Buildathome.info onto your PC.
If you are not sure which application is responsible for it, it is a good idea to run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to check whether you have any potentially unwanted programs installed. Also, in order to avoid constant Buildathome.info redirections, reset your browser settings to default.
How to reset my browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Select Delete my settings and click Reset again.
- When the reset is complete, close the menu and click OK.
- Click Firefox button and go to Help.
- Press Troubleshooting information and click Reset on a new tab.
- Click Reset again and press Finish when the reset is complete.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove undesirable plugins.
- Click Settings on the left and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine; remove unwanted search provider and press Done.
In case you have any problem removing Buildathome.info from your system, leave a comment below.
In non-techie terms: Buildathome.info is an adware program that displays annoying pop-up advertisements. These advertisements could be related to cyber criminals, so you cannot allow the problem to remain on your PC. Remove Buildathome.info right now and protect your system from harm.
Aliases:build at home, buildathome