Do you know what BS Player Toolbar is?
If you are using BS Player to view your videos, you probably have encountered BS Player Toolbar as well. Users are offered to install this browser add-on, compatible with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers when they install or update BS Player. You can easily choose not to install the toolbar simply by unchecking one of the check boxes on the installation wizard. However, if the BS Player Toolbar appeared on your browser contrary to your intensions, then it is probably the best to uninstall BS Player Toolbar from your computer via Control Panel.
In this case, however, we are dealing not with the official BS Player Toolbar, but with a copycat that mimics the add-on by copying its name, and it is a potentially unwanted program that presents various safety risks to your system. This BS Player Toolbar belongs to Conduit family, and it is related to such browser extensions as Softonic-Eng Toolbar, Travelocity Toolbar, VisualBee Toolbar and many other Community toolbars that all function in a similar fashion. Conduit BS Player Toolbar is by no means related to the official BS Player, and you should not blame this media player for the toolbar that gets installed on your browser.
BS Player Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
This BS Player Toolbar can be downloaded at bsplayerb2.ourtoolbar.com or at any other third party website that distributes bundled freeware and shareware. Some users think that this extension is a browser hijacker, because their default home page and search engine are changed to Conduit Search, but that occurs only if you ALLOW the toolbar to modify your browser settings. What is more, BS Player Toolbar may display various third party commercial ads that could display potentially harmful third party content. It is because of these advertisements and loose security policy related to Conduit search that you are highly recommended to remove BS Player Toolbar from your system.
This toolbar is barely useful, and the sooner you get rid of it the better. Refer to the removal instructions below to uninstall it from your computer and remove Conduit Search from your browser. Finally, run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to make sure that you have all the potentially unwanted programs removed, and your system is once again safe.
How to remove BS Player Toolbar
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, select Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove BS Player Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove BS Player Toolbar.
- Click Start menu button and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or remove programs and uninstall BS Player Toolbar.
Remove Conduit Search from your browser
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Under General tab click Use Default and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Conduit Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab click Restore to Default and press OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove Conduit Search. Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Under On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Conduit Search and click Done.
In case you have any questions about how to remove BS Player Toolbar, do leave a comment below.
In non-techie terms:
BS Player Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program that functions as browser plugin. It could lower down your system’s security, so it is for the best to remove BS Player Toolbar from your PC.