Do you know what Blingee Plus Toolbar is?
Blingee Plus Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program that users often download and install on their computers willingly. This toolbar gets installed on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers respectively. Depending on whether you install the full setup or not, the application may also change your default home page and search engine. You are actually informed about it right before the installation, but if you had no idea this toolbar could do so, then it would be better if your remove Blingee Plus Toolbar from your computer entirely.
This application functions as a photo editing program. It can add new layers to your photos, and you can enhance your pictures with stamps, new motions, snapshots and so on. The toolbar even has a custom search box that allows you to search the web via Blingee Plus Toolbar directly, although the question is whether you really need that search, and whether you can trust it 100%.
The toolbar is available for download at blingee.com/plus. It is the official home page for this application, and right above the Download button, you can see the following two lines with ticked boxes right in front of them:
Make SearchCanvas your creative customizable homepage!
Make SearchCanvas your default browser and address bar search provider (and notify you of any changes)
If you do not pay attention to this information and do not remove the ticks, then once Blingee Plus Toolbar is installed on your computer, your default home page and search engine will be changed for blingeeplus.searchcanvas.com. This may also happen when you download and install Blingee Plus Toolbar along with freeware applications.
Needless to say, that the official home page is not the only place where you can download Blingee Plus Toolbar at. Just like a variety of other freeware applications, this toolbar can arrive bundled with other freeware and adware. Bundled freeware installers are widely available at third party file hosting websites. It is not an illegal practice, but it does raise some security concerns, because one can never know what kind of program is included in the bundled pack. Freeware applications are known as computer security liabilities, because they can be easily exploited by malevolent third parties.
Blingee Plus Toolbar is not known to distribute third party commercial ads or interfere with your web browsing process. However, due to the fact that it can modify your browser settings, it is very likely that this application is able to collect data on your web browsing habits as well. Therefore, in order to protect such information and avoid various security risks, it would be for the best to remove Blingee Plus Toolbar right now.
How to uninstall Blingee Plus Toolbar
- Slide mouse cursor to the bottom right of your desktop.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Blingee Plus Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Blingee Plus Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Blingee Plus Toolbar.
How to restore your browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Change your home page address and under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Manage add-ons.
- On the right pane click Search providers.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Search the Web.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Change your home page address under General tab and click OK.
- Click Search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines from the drop-down menu.
- Remove Search the web from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Search the Web and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Blingee Plus Toolbar is a browser extension that allows you to edit your photos. It is a potentially unwanted application can come bundled with freeware. In case you notice that it slows down your browser and exposes you to undesirable content, remove Blingee Plus Toolbar from your computer and invest in a reliable antimalware tool.
Aliases: BlingeePlus Toolbar.