Do you know what Bitlord toolbar is?
Bitlord toolbar is an extension which is represented through a bar attached onto Chrome, Firefox and IE browsers. The application is compatible with operating Windows XP/Vista/7 systems, and is usually downloaded via bitlord.ourtoolbar.com. Even though according to some security experts, the toolbar is related to a browser hijacker, we categorize this extension as a regular browser plugin. Of course, you should delete Bitlord toolbar right away if you have discovered this application running without your authorization. In this case you should also scan the operating system for other undesirable programs running on the computer.
Bitlord toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
It is perfectly understandable why many wish to remove Bitlord toolbar from their operating Windows systems. The suspicious program comes bundled with unreliable search tools and provides links to questionable sites or services (e.g. Value Apps). Once you decide that you want to delete the application, you need to figure out which way you want to perform this task – manually or automatically? We certainly recommend using automatic malware removal software because it will help you delete potentially existing threats and will ensure that your virtual security is guarded reliably in the future. Nonetheless, you can succeed using the manual removal guides as well.
How to remove Bitlord toolbar?
Remove from Windows XP:
- Click the Start icon on the Task Bar and open the Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove programs.
- Find the undesirable program and select Remove.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bar.
- Click Control Panel and then go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
How to delete Conduit search tools?
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open IE and simultaneously tap Alt+T to access the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options and click the General tab.
- Change/remove the Home Page URL and then click OK.
- Tap Alt+T one more time and select Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click the search provider icon on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines to find the list of installed search providers.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click OK.
- Now simultaneously tap keys Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and find the Home Page section.
- Change/remove the undesirable URL and then click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and click Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite/delete the displayed URL.
- Click OK and then navigate to Appearance.
- Mark Show Home button, click Change and overwrite/remove the undesirable URL. Click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Click the X located on the undesirable provider to delete it and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
If you have chosen the manual removal instructions to have Bitlord toolbar deleted from the system, you need to figure out how you can make sure that you are running the operating system risk-free. You certainly should deliberate installing authentic Windows security software. For example, SpyHunter is a reliable anti-malware program which will help you delete existing threats and will help you fight off those likely attacking in the future.