Do you know what BetterCareerSearch Toolbar is?
You may decide to install BetterCareerSearch Toolbar onto your browsers if you believe that it will provide a “one-click access to the latest job opportunities, including employment listings.” The program is available at bettercareersearch.com; however, you should not rush with its installation. If you act carelessly, you could install undesirable programs as well. When this happens, many computer users decide to delete BetterCareerSearch Toolbar, and often this is done for the wrong reasons. We have prepared this report to answer the most important questions related to the application and its removal.BetterCareerSearch Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
BetterCareerSearch Toolbar is very similar to ReferenceBoss Toolbar, EliteUnzip Toolbar, and other add-ons that we can help you remove as well. In fact, they all have been created by Mindspark Interactive Network. Besides sharing the same developer and similar interfaces, all of these applications are connected to the same search tools. Whether you install BetterCareerSearch Toolbar from its official website or you download it via software bundles, it is most likely that you will be offered to install Ask Search tools. If you do not reject this offer, home.tb.ask.com will become the home page of your Chrome, Firefox, or IE browsers. Do you need to remove this home page? Even though it is quite interactive and fun, the home page presents search.tb.ask.com search results, and these may promote sponsored links. Even though you are wrong if you think that you must delete BetterCareerSearch Toolbar because it is a browser hijacker, the search tool linked to the toolbar is quite suspicious.
Even though BetterCareerSearch Toolbar is not a malicious program, it is not that useful either. If you have downloaded the tool without realizing this, and you do not know how to delete it, the removal guides below will help you. Note that you need to remove Chrome and Firefox extensions separately. Should you remove BetterCareerSearch Toolbar-related search tools as well? We believe it is more important to remove these search tools than the toolbar itself. Keep in mind that the same search service is presented via the toolbar, and if you do not trust it, you should not use the search tool on the toolbar either.
Remove BetterCareerSearch Toolbar
Remove from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI menu screen and select All apps.
- In the Apps menu select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Move to the left of the Taskbar and click the Windows logo.
- Open the Control Panel and then click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Navigate to the left of the Taskbar and click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Change or Remove Programs menu Remove BetterCareerSearch Toolbar.
Delete undesirable search tools and extensions
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch IE and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable search tool and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and find the Home Page.
- Change/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser and find the Firefox search box.
- Click the search provider icon to access a menu.
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Options.
- Click the General tab on the left.
- Change/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A (Add-ons Manager).
- Click Extensions and Remove the undesirable add-on.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Click Tools (or More tools) and select Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin icon and select Remove.
- In the menu on the left click Settings.
- Move to On Startup.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/delete the undesirable URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and then repeat step 7.
- Navigate to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Click X on the URL of the search tool you wish to remove and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
BetterCareerSearch Toolbar is not a dangerous threat and it cannot corrupt your browsers. Nonetheless, the application does use tracking cookies to spy on its customers, and it offers to install search tools that present sponsored ads. If you decide to remove this software, we recommend using the presented guides. Needless to say, you should install authentic security software to guard the operating system and remove more dangerous threats that may be active. Note that this software can also remove BetterCareerSearch Toolbar.