Do you know what Better-Search.net is?
Better-Search.net is a search engine powered by Bing Search. The search engine is administrated by Perion Network, Ltd, which collects information about the users who are interacting with Period’s products. If you are reading this report because your home page and/or default browser provider is changed to Better-Search.net, the odds are that you have installed some free program which also distributes a browser hijacker promoting the search engine. The changes are likely to be made on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
It has been found that Better-Search.net is associated with SweetPacks because the IP of the search engine is identical to the IP of start.sweetpacks.com. Moreover, you may find taht SweetPacks is menstioned on the Uninstall instructions page of the search engine.
The term SweetPacks refers to a set of computer applications which are aimed at enhancing your digital experience. There are a lot of different applications for instant messengers, social networking websites, and e-mail providers which enable users to use various emoticons and make the Internet usage more pleasurable. However, like a lot of similar programs, they monitor the user’s actions on the Internet.
In order to remove Better-Search.net from the browsers, follow the instructions provided below. If you face difficulty removing the unwanted search engine, do not hesitate to leave a comment below so that our team can help you. Moreover, having finished the removal, scan the computer with a reliable scanner.
How to remove Better-Search.net
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then Reset.
- Check the box and click the Reset button.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on the Reset Firefox button.
- In the active dialog window, click Reset Firefox and then click Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Select Settings.
- In the On Startup section, click the third option and select Set pages.
- Delete Better-Search.net and type in a new URL. Click OK.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engines and set a new search provider.
In non-techie terms:
If you have found that you cannot browse the Internet as usual because of Better-Search.net, do not hesitate to remove it from the PC. The search engine can provide you with questionable advertisements and monitor your online behavior, which might lead to undesirable consequences.
Aliases: Better-Search virus.