Do you know what Best Ziper is?
If you have a program called Best Ziper on your computer, then we want you to know that our malware analysts have classified it as a potentially unwanted program. That does not mean that this program is malicious, however. Still, we recommend that you remove it because it was designed to show commercial advertisements by opening new tabs on your web browser. This program is annoying, and the content it promotes is highly unreliable. Furthermore, its developers are said to distribute it using malicious methods, and you might get it on your PC unintentionally. So, if you have Best Ziper on your PC, please read this whole description.
Our malware analysts are of the opinion that this particular program is not malicious, but its primary purpose is hidden. It is promoted as a file archive that can Open, Rename, Delete, Extract, and compress files into file archives. However, this function appears to be nothing more but a gimmick to get people to download and install it. Nevertheless, its developers distribute it using dishonest methods. The primary reason for labeling this program as potentially unwanted is the fact that it is set to open a new tab on your browser while you are on the Internet and load http://bigpicturepop.com/redirect/[id]. This website automatically selects one of the random promoted pages. Our cyber security experts say that this site can subject you to promoted content such as surveys, adware, and so on. Adware, in particular, is very prominent as Best Ziper tends to redirect to a site that features a fake Java update page that that secretly installs adware and other unwanted programs when you click Download. On top of that, this program modifies the Host file located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (location can vary depending on your settings). It modifies the Host file to block ten websites. The list of blocked sites includes the following:
- 127.0.0.1 cpm.paneladmin.pro
- 127.0.0.1 publisher.hmdiadmingate.xyz
- 127.0.0.1 distribution.hmdiadmingate.xyz
- 127.0.0.1 hmdicrewtracksystem.xyz
- 127.0.0.1 linkmate.space
- 127.0.0.1 space1.adminpressure.space
- 127.0.0.1 trackpressure.website
- 127.0.0.1 doctorlink.space
- 127.0.0.1 dscdn.pw
- 127.0.0.1 beautifllink.xyz
Knowing how this program is distributed is important as it can help you avoid it. Our cyber security experts say that this program is distributed using malicious software bundles along with shady applications such as Traffic Exchange, YoutubeAdblocker, and Elex family browser hijackers, Trojans for Bitcoin mining. Apparently, these bundles include many programs including one legitimate app that serves as the bait. Now, you might not be allowed to deselect the additional content that is present in the bundle, but you should opt for advanced or custom installation settings to deselect any and all unwanted content. As far as we know, software bundles that feature Best Ziper might be distributed through questionable software distributing sites that make money off bundling freeware with adware, browser hijackers, potentially unwanted programs, and other types of undesirable software.
As far as this program’s origins are concerned, we have found no information about where Best Ziper actually comes from. It does not have a developer name included in its legal information nor does it have a website where you could learn more about it. Its developers and publishers stay in the shadows because it is evident that Best Ziper is nothing more but a gimmick that is actually used to show ads that generate its creators ad revenue. Therefore, you should not trust this application to deliver you a useful, safe, and reliable service because it is all about money.
As you can see, there is nothing Best Ziper can offer to you as its main purpose is to redirect you to promoted websites that can contain unreliable content that can jeopardize your computer’s security. Therefore, we recommend that you remove this program from your PC, provided that you have installed it. If you do not know how to uninstall it, then please follow the instructions provided below this article.
Windows 10, 8.1, and Windows 8
- Simultaneously press Windows+R keys.
- Type Control Panel in the Run command Prompt and click OK.
- Then, go to Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted program.
- Right-click it and click Uninstall.
Windows 7 & Vista
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Find the program and click Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the program and click Remove.
- Hold down Windows+E keys.
- Type %PROGRAMFILES% and/or %PROGRAMFILES(x86)% and hit Enter.
- Find BestZiper and delete it.
- Type %Temp% in the address box and press Enter.
- Locate a randomly named folser (e.g. is-S49CV.tmp)
- Enter the folder and locate DataCol.exe.config
- Right-click it and click Delete.
- Then, type %AppData% in the box and hit Enter.
- Locate a folder named with six digits (e.g. 370795)
- Go to that folder, locate files 723346.exe and 723346.exe.config
- Right-click them and click Delete.
Delete registry keys
- Hold down Windows+R keys.
- Type regedit in the dialog box and click OK.
- Go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Find and delete VJ85CQBAKL38S0M and BestZiper subkeys.
- Then, go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft
- Delete wewewe and ewMon
In non-techie terms:
Best Ziper is supposed to be a file archiver. However, our research has shown that its primary purpose is not to help you manage your files, but to show commercial advertisements on your web browser that can compromise your computer. The ads can get your PC infected with adware, or try to collect personal information about you via surveys, so you should stay away from it. You can use the guide above to uninstall this program.