Do you know what Best-Found.com is?
You should delete Best-Found.com from your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers if this search engine has been installed without your notice. Even though we do not recognize it as a browser hijacker, it is possible that the search tool was installed bundled with other applications. Even if the seemingly reliable search engine is not intended to breach your virtual security or enable other risks, it could travel packaged with much less reliable and even malicious programs. Continue reading to learn how to remove undesirable software from the PC and how to ensure that it is protected against dangerous threats reliably.
Best-Found.com looks like a search engine you could trust. It is available in Spanish, English and Italian, and its layout resembles the old google.com layout. In the About Us section related to the application, you are informed that the search engine is meant to help you find the most relevant search results. Some may even consider the tool to be extremely versatile because instead of just presenting you with the search results of one search provider, it allows you to choose. For example, if you are looking for videos, you are provided with links to Yahoo Video, Vimeo and YouTube services. Due to this, Best-Found.com resembles a toolbar rather than a search engine.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you have chosen to run Best-Found.com as the default search engine of your browsers by accident, you can follow the manual removal instructions below. However, if the search engine has been installed illegally, you need to consider the potential existence of other undesirable software. Click the download button below to acquire a legitimate security tool which will scan your PC and help you remove Best-Found.com related threats and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). You should keep this software updated at all times to prevent any malignant virtual activity. If you choose to inspect the system manually, we recommend installing an authentic spyware scanner to help you find hidden threats.
How to delete Best-Found.com
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click the search provider icon on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click OK.
- Now simultaneously tap keys Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and navigate to the Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the undesirable URL and then click OK.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open IE and simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options and click the General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and add a new default search provider.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite/delete the displayed URL. Click OK.
- Navigate to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and overwrite/remove the undesirable URL. Click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Click X located on the URL of the undesirable search provider and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Best-Found.com is a search engine which does not work like most widely used search engines. It presents Yahoo and Google supported search results by routing you to their original pages opened in new tabs. Even though the activity of the suspicious application is not malicious, it certainly should raise some questions. In order to ensure that you do not face any security risks, we recommend getting Best-Found.com deleted, and you can perform this using the manual removal guides above.
Aliases: Best-Found virus.