Do you know what B1 Toolbar is?
B1 Toolbar offers you quick-links to Facebook, Twitter, updater.brothersoft.com and other third-party sources because its main objective is to boost the traffic to sponsored websites. This is the main reason why the application also offers you to switch your home page to search.conduit.com, as it provides sponsored search results, or download software from its affiliates. Of course, it would be unfair to call the toolbar malicious since all of the browser modifications are optional. Nonetheless, it appears that the application may be installed without the computer user’s consent after freeware is acquired, particularly from brothersoft.com. This report answers the removal questions regarding the so-called BrotherSoft Extreme2 B1 Community Toolbar which can be downloaded from brothersoftextreme2b1.ourtoolbar.com. Please continue reading to learn more about B1 Toolbar removal.
If you speed through the installation process of B1 Toolbar, you may be surprised to find TuneUp Utilities 2013 and Nitro PDF Reader installed onto the computer. These applications are not dangerous; however, if you wish to remove them – scroll down to the manual removal instructions below. Overall, you should be much more wary about the modifications made within your web browsers. Even though the provided search.conduit.com may appear as a legitimate browser, the search results provided through it are dominated by sponsored links. Some of these sites could expose you to misleading advertisements and could have nothing to do with your personal search queries. Therefore, you should choose a more reliable search provider and delete B1 Toolbar from the computer.
B1 Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
You can utilize automatic removal software to delete the undesirable application. This option is great if you also wish to safeguard the operating system against malicious software in the future. Alternatively, use the manual removal instructions provided below.
Manual B1 Toolbar Removal Instructions
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI start screen.
- Right-click on the background and select All apps.
- Click Control Panel and then Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want removed.
- Select Uninstall.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and right-click the application you wish to remove.
- Select Uninstall.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable program.
Delete from web browsers
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+H and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox and confirm the selection.
- To complete the task – click Finish.
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite the provided URL and click OK.
- Navigate to Appearance, mark Show Home button, click Change and repeat step 3.
- Go to Search, click the drop-down menu and select a new default search provider.
- Click Manage search engines, navigate to the undesirable provider, click X and then OK.
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and remove/change the Home Page URL. Click OK.
- Once again tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions and Disable undesirable add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and Remove undesirable providers. Click Close.
In non-techie terms:
Have you removed B1 Toolbar manually? Then you should scan the computer with a reliable spyware scanner just to make sure you have succeeded. If any infections exist within the system, the scanner will detect them. Of course, you should remove any potentially running threats as soon as possible.
Aliases: Brothersof textreme2 b1 toolbar.