Do you know what An Garda Siochana Virus is?
An Garda Siochana Virus is a computer ransomware infection that blocks user from his desktop and demands a ransom payment. It is part of the huge Ukash virus group of computer threats and targets users that reside in Ireland. It is not the first ransomware application that is localized specifically for one country. The criminals who have created FBI Moneypak, Metropolitan Police Virus and other fake programs have been targeting users in various countries with localized versions of Ukash ransomware - there's Bundespolizei Ihr Computer wurde gesperrt for Germany, Office Central de Lutte contre la Criminalité virus for France and many more.
Users get infected with An Garda Siochana Virus via malware-related websites, Trojan infections and spam email messages. It means that you have to always be concerned with your system's security and perform regular system scans with a powerful security tool. Otherwise it is only a matter of time before you get infected with something like An Garda Siochana Virus. Once this ransomware is in, it will block you from accessing your desktop and then display a screen-sized message, pretending it is sent to you by Ireland's National Police Service:
Your computer is locked:
Your computer has been locked by the automated information control system (AICS)
What is the reason?
The could be due to one of the following reasons:
1. Your computer has been used to view banned Web sites
3. Your computer has been used to illicit information exchange
4. Your computer has been used for storing / viewing pirated content
What should I do?
According to "Information Security and Control Act (ISCA) 2012", you are required to pay a fine of €100.
Keep in mind that even if you pay 100 euro, An Garda Siochana Virus will not unlock your computer, because it only wants to get as much money as possible. Face the simple truth - An Garda Siochana Virus will keep on terrorizing you until you remove this ransomware from your computer.
Unlike rogue antispyware applications An Garda Siochana Virus presents a little problem when you try to remove it - no matter what you do, you can't access your desktop and download a security program that would help you to remove An Garda Siochana Virus. That is why you have to access your desktop via Safe mode and banish this ransomware from your computer.
To terminate An Garda Siochana Virus do the following:
- Restart the computer and press F8 before Windows logo appears.
- From System boot menu select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- When system loads, access the Internet and download SpyHunter.
- Install SpyHunter with the system still in Safe Mode with Networking and remove An Garda Siochana Virus.
For users with Windows XP:
- Follow the steps above from 1 to 3.
- Click on Start menu and launch RUN.
- Type "msconfig" into the RUN box and press Enter to load System Configuration menu.
- Click on Startup tab and un-check all programs that are set to load automatically. Click OK to save changes and exit the menu.
- Reboot the computer in Normal mode and install SpyHunter.
- Launch SpyHunter and remove An Garda Siochana Virus.
In non-techie terms:
An Garda Siochana Virus is a malicious application that pretends to be a message from law enforcement authorities. In reality it only wants your money and blocks your computer unless you pay it. Do not do what An Garda Siochana Virus expects you to, and follow the instructions above to get rid of this malware.
Aliases: An Garda Siochana.