Do you know what 555.in.th is?
The search provider 555.in.th is often identified as an unreliable and even malicious tool. The truth is that the so-called hijacker cannot be installed without your permission. Even if it is set to install by default alongside third-party software, you are likely to be warned about the optional changes. All in all, we recommend having 555.in.th deleted in any case, especially if it has been installed with other unreliable third-party software. Unfortunately, this is a potential outcome because the search tool may be offered to you by unreliable installers representing bundled software. Learn how to delete the hijacker and remove any other threats within our report.555.in.th screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
555.in.th is a Thai hijacker, and so it is not surprising that the associated default search provider is google.co.th. Of course, it is questionable what Google has to do with the search tool published by Garena Online. We believe that this search engine is employed to convince users that 555.in.th is reliable. Regardless of the services it provides, you have to be most careful about the third-party links and the related tracking cookies. The links could route you to unreliable sites, and the cookies could spy on you in an intrusive manner. Due to these reasons, the best thing to do is remove 555.in.th. Unfortunately, in some cases it is not enough to uninstall the program to execute its removal successfully.
If you are trying to remove 555.in.th from Chrome and Firefox browsers, you can follow the manual removal instructions; however, you should keep in mind that leftover files may require removal as well. As you can see additional removal instructions are presented to those who need to delete 555.in.th from the Internet Explorer browser. Overall, malware researchers suggest that the automatic malware removal option should be employed instead. Install a reliable security tool to delete the hijacker and additionally running malware. If you trust your manual removal skills, at least install a malware scanner to identify the infections that you need to delete.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Navigate to the Taskbar and click Start.
- Firstly click Control Panel and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the undesirable application and select Remove.
Delete from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Locate the Windows icon on the Task Bar and click it.
- In the appeared menu select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI menu screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel, move to Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable one.
- Select Uninstall to remove this program.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab on the left, delete/change the Home Page URL and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T one more time and select Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
In non-techie terms:
555.in.th is categorized as a browser hijacker. Even though in most cases computer users agree to install the suspicious search provider themselves, the removal of this search tool is not as straightforward as they expect it to be. What is more, even though it is possible to remove 555.in.th manually, this program is often associated with malware. Malicious programs could be installed alongside the so-called hijacker, and so automatic malware removal software should be employed. You can refer to the guide below if you struggle with the installation process.