Do you know what 2YourFace is?
2YourFace is a browser add-on which is presented as an entertaining tool for your Facebook profile as with this tool you can have video chats and call your friends for free. In the chat window, you will see four 2YourFace options allowing you to improve your chats on Facebook. Unfortunately, if you decide to get this free add-on from its official website 2yourface.com, you will find how troublesome this application can be.
If you download 2YourFace on Internet Explorer, you will find that its installer contains Incredibar Toolbar. In order not to install the unwanted toolbar you should uncheck three boxes:
Install the IB Toolbar
Make IB MyStart my default search engine
Make IB my Start mu home page.
If you do not uncheck the boxes next to the statements given, your browser settings will be changed and you will be redirected to various websites provided by Incredibar Toolbar. In addition to the toolbar, an Incredibar.com Helper Object is installed if you press the Enable button when a Choose Add-ons window pops up.
If you try to download 2YourFace on Mozilla Firefox, instead of MyStart Incredibar you are provided with an option to install Claro Toolbar. In order to avoid this toolbar, you should uncheck three boxes next to these statements:
Install Claro Toolbar on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers
Make Claro enhance search engine my default browser search engine on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Make Claro enhanced search engine my homepage and new tab on IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers.
As we agreed to have Claro Toolbar installed, we received a pop-up message asking about our search provider. Two options were provided:
The following program suggested a new default search provider:
We had to choose either to change the provider to Claro Search (claro-search.com) or to keep using MyStart Search (mystart.incredibal.com). As you can see, 2YourFace can dramatically change the settings of the browser, not to mention the fact that you can be bombarded with tens of various advertisements and redirected to insecure websites which are aimed at infecting your PC with malware or making you reveal your personal information.
Moreover, it has been observed that Incredibar Toolbar and MyStart search are not the only unwanted programs which can be bundled with 2Yourface. You can also get Mixi.DJ Toolbar or any other program which does not help you browse the Internet, but on the contrary, creates difficulties.
As for Google Chrome, Incredibar Toolbar may be installed onto your browser. If you have not installed any additional toolbar, it is enough to uninstall 2YourFace using the Control Panel utility, but if you Install Incredibar Toolbar or any other application, change the settings manually and use SpyHunter to prevent further security and privacy issues.
How to uninstall 2YourFace from the system
- Open the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program under the heading Programs.
- Select YourFace 1.0 and other associated program which may be Incredibar Toolbar on IE, Claro toolbar, Claro Chrome toolbar, Browser Protect, or any other program associated with 2YourFace.
- To uninstall the unwanted program, right-click the unwanted application and select Uninstall.
- Move the mouse to the bottom left corner of the screen until a mini Metro UI/minimized desktop appears.
- Right-click it and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and Right click on the program you want to remove (including YourFace, Yontoo, Claro Chrome toolbar, Claro toolbar, and others) and select Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted program and click on the Remove button.
Remove 2YourFace from your browsers
- Open the browser.
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click on Toolbars and Extensions. Disable 2YourFace. Note that after the installation of 2YourFace you may not find it among your Extensions.
- Click on Search Providers on the left side of the browser and remove Claro Search, MyStart Search or any other unwanted search engine.
- To change the home page, again press and hold Alt and press the T key and go to Internet Options.
- In the General Tab, change the home page to Google.com or any other page and press OK.
- Open the browser and press and hold Ctrl, Shift and press the A key (Ctrl+Shift+A)
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Click on the Firefox icon and go to Help - > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Reset Firefox.
- When a new window pops up, click on Reset Firefox and the Finish.
- To set a new home page, click on the Firefox icon go to Options - > Options and change the home page in the General tab. To save the change, press OK.
- Open the browser and press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove 2YourFace by clicking on the bin icon. You may also need to remove IB Updater or any other add-on related to 2YourFace.
- Go to Settings on the left side of the browser and go to On startup.
- Click on Open a specific page and set pages.
- Click on Set pages.
- Remove mystart.incredibar.com or any other unwanted website and add a new one. Press OK.
- In the Search section, click on Manage search engines.
- Remove MyStart Search or other unwanted start page by click on X and set a new default page by clicking on Make default.
In non-techie terms:
Keep in mind that the additional programs downloaded to your computer may affect the performance of your PC. In order to find out what threats are running in the PC, scan it with SpyHunter. Where to find it? Click on the download button and get a free scanner which will show you what harmful applications have to be terminated as soon as possible.
Aliases: 2YourFace toolbar.